Friday, August 14, 2020

Stampin' Up! Sympathy Card

Good Friday morning, peeps. Hope you have a fun weekend planned. I'll be in the craft room trying to finish card orders for Monday. My card today is another one for the sympathy card order.


My card base is Smoky Slate 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I cut a mat 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my embossing machine. The DSP I used is Springtime Foils, which is retired. I have so much of it left and it's all cut up in various sizes when I was on the #loveitchopit band wagon! If you would like more information on measurements or anything else, just let me know in a comment.

All who follow me know that I love monochrome cards so I'll be entering this in the Stinkin' Inkers Challenge.

My design was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

The Alphabet Challenge Blog has "J is for jewels/jewellry" for its challenge. I do only have one jewel on my card, but it's worth its weight in gold ;-)

For the inside, I used another retired SU set, Thoughts and Prayers.


Products I used are listed below. Thank you for stopping by today.

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Rose Wonder, Thoughts and Prayers (retired)
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Whisper White Thick, DSP retired
 Ink Basic Gray
Accessories Silver Metallic Edged Ribbon, Gilded Gems, Silver Emboss Powder
Tools     Greenery Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Triple Banner Punch

21 comments:

  1. Very pretty...the silver embossing and accents make for a lovely sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful Karen :) Love your design and the embossed sentiment is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, serene and elegant. Perfect sympathy card! Love your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card. I like the balance of silver shimmer, leaves and stripes. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dena, for leaving a comment on behalf of Atlantic Hearts.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card. I still have some of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I avoid sympathy cards, but this is a great one! I love the gray tones and design that conveys sincerity. Great job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tones and very elegant. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynda, for leaving a comment on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  8. I love that pretty foiled paper and the embossed side edges. Great job of interpreting the sketch and creating a beautiful sympathy card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon.
    🙂 Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie, for stopping by on behalf of AH.

      Delete
  9. Stunning creation. Love the embossed panel and beautiful paper. Another fabulous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful, elegant sympathy card, your correct about the one jewel, the card is worth it's weight in gold and silver. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz for our Jewels challenge. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...