Friday, August 7, 2020

Stampin' Up! Waterfront Birthday Card

Today I'm using the Stampin' Up! Waterfront Stamp Set and their Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set along with the Jeep from Good Vibes Stamp Set sold by Joy Clair.

My Godson's mother is celebrating her 51st birthday next week. She and her son have been traveling through the Smokies in their RV. She has also been towing her Jeep, Sadie, and has proven she can do it. She enjoys taking Sadie off roading and has become quite a lady of leisure since she retired.  Her husband, unfortunately, has not been able to retire yet but he was able to fly up to spend two weeks with them. I'm entering my card in the CRAFT Challenge #566 Sport/Leisure.

She has  posted many photos of the mountains and adventures in TN so I made this card for her.


The mountains, trees and water are from the Waterfront Stamp Set. The inks used are Crumb Cake, Shaded Spruce, and Balmy Blue. I used the block watercolor technique with So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze stamp pads. I did this technique before here. It never turns out the same and that's what's so fascinating about it. I was trying to achieve a fall-is-in-the-air feel.

I embossed the bottom edge with a retired SU Embossing Folder, which was available during Sale-A-Bration 2020, to make it look like a stone road or state forest parking area. I sponged it with Gray Granite ink. The top edge is sponged with Pool Party. I am so wanting to get back to NC, GA and TN in September!

Again, this is not my usual size card but I am wanting to use the cards/envelopes my friend gave me. So, the art panel is 6" x 4" and I adhered it to a mat of 6 1/4" x 4 1/4" Cherry Cobbler Card Stock.

The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set and I cut it out with a die from the Stitched Frames set. I sponged it with So Saffron, to reflect the sun, and adhered it with Dimensionals. 

The Jeep I colored with Stampin' Blends. I also put Fine Tip Glue on the windshield, headlights and running lights to make it look more realistic. I should have put a reflection in the window but time and skill prevented that!

I'd also like to enter my card at Color My Heart Color Dare: Color #405. I went straight down the right side, across the middle and down the middle as well using Stampin' Up Colors.


The inside I kept plain and simple with a sentiment from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are planning to have a fun weekend. Stay safe!

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. It sure looks like it will be a fun day! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card Karen :) Love your technique, it came out great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! Love the background stamping and embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well done! I love that "crackle" at the bottom and the scene is terrific. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for commenting on behalf of CMHCD.

      Delete
  6. Love it! I am also a jeep fan and now have to get this stamp set! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scene you created... thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...