Sunday, August 30, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Fern Sympathy Card

 The Forever Fern Stamp Set is so versatile. I've used it for a birthday card, wedding card and today a sympathy card.


I took the design from a card I received from one of my card group members when my husband passed away. I love anything asymmetrical and I think it's because my head is not always on straight...lol.

Copper is one of my favorite metals so I used it for my bow (ribbon is retired), sentiments, sponging (ink pad is retired), embossing powder (retired) and pearls. I also used Just Jade Ink and Crumb Cake for the leaves and berries. The mat behind the art panel is Rococo Rose Card Stock.  The sentiments are from the retired Flourishing Stamp Set. I colored my Pearl Basic Jewels with a Copper Sharpie. One of my favorite ways to use ribbon, twine or trim is to wrap it around the mat(s) and tie a bow. I just feel like it bring the whole design together. 


I'm entering my card at:
Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are having a blessed Sunday.

Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", score and fold at 5 1/2"
Mats: 3 3/4" x 5"
Scrap for sentiment

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! The soft colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful Karen :) Perfect colors and design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card - I'm such a fan of the angled panels! and this is one of my favorite sets. Perfect sympathy card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment!
    Thanks for sharing on Creative Knockouts Challenge Blog! Deezy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deezy, for leaving a comment on behalf of CKC.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and subtle, perfect sympathy card. Beautiful inside and out! So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite right, a ribbon and bow really finishes off a card beautifully, especially that beautiful copper colour you have used here. Thank you for joining in at AYLI SArah DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card for the occasion. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...