Saturday, August 29, 2020

Stampin' Up! World of Good Memories & More Masculine Birthday

If you follow me, you know I love any Memories & More Card Pack and this one is no exception.

I made this for my grandson who is majoring in theater. I hope one day he will become a star and that I will get to see that event. This is a monumental year for him. He now is able to vote, drink and has his own apartment in Manhattan!

The card base that I used is one from her Close to My Heart donation. I do love the frayed edge and texture. I used one of the large pieces from the pack for the mat and cut one of the smaller pieces with my Stitched Rectangle Dies. I also cut a Whisper White mat for it with the same die set. I adhered 3 copper star embellishments.

For the inside, I cut a piece of Old World Specialty Designer Paper and adhered one of the small card pieces over top of it. I stamped the birthday sentiment in Night of Navy using a stamp from the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set.


I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Crafting Happiness Anything Goes Challenge #63

Double Trouble Challenge #65 Something, Anything, Everything. I'm playing with Thing 1 and Thing 2 (partnering with Crafting Happiness)

Just Add Ink Challenge #520 "Just Add Guys"

Sisterhood of Crafters "It's the Thought that Counts"

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card...my grandson did!

20 comments:

  1. Awesome creation Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for him! Sounds like he's making tracks to pursue his dream of stardom. I know he loves the support he gets from you, Karen! This wonderfully designed card is really going to make him smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Karen! Love those card packs, so many great options! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - such great use of the SU Old World paper!!! They are perfect for masculine cards. Love your composition and use of embellishments! Thank you for joining us again at Double Trouble! I always enjoy seeing what your creative talents design and share with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design, the blue patterned paper is a nice contrast with the white, makes a very clean and neat card. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandson should love this card... so beautifully handsome inside and out. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such happy wishes inside & out - great card! Best of luck to your grandson for all his adult adventures. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous card from you, Karen. Your grandson is going to love this one I'm sure. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink (again). x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card for a young man. I like the colours and way you use the M&M cards. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great use of that fabulous paper, Karen! I have some similar to it but have been uninspired. You have given me some inspiration. Thank you - and thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #65.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nautical feel of your card! Very masculine. Always good to have those kind of cards on hand! Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. What a fabulous card. I love the background stamp. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...