Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala Sympathy Card

I have an order for a bunch of sympathy cards this week so you'll be seeing a variety. Fortunately, I have not needed any for myself.

Joanne at The Paper Players PP503 has quite an interesting color challenge this week...

and here is what I created for it...


I used the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set for my butterflies. I stamped the butterflies on Whisper White card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I had sponged them with Mango Melody ink because I don't have the Mango Melody Blends. I punched them out with the Butterfly Duet Punch. BUT I didn't really care for the large one so I stamped another and colored it with my Dark Pool Party Blends. I kept the small Mango Melody sponged butterfly and added a Light Pool Party colored small one. The small Mango one is adhered with a mini Dimensional, the small Pool Party one is adhered with liquid glue. The large one is adhered over the Mango Melody one with liquid glue. It gave it a little depth but not as much as using  Dimensionals. Now I'm trying to decide if I should add one more Metallic Pearl. I'd like your input if you have time.

Update: It was suggested that I add another pearl so I did!


I cut out a Melon Mambo Stitched Nested Label and a Whisper White Stitched Nested Label. I stamped the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Greetings Stamp Set. They are adhered together with liquid glue. I then  adhered them to the Night of Navy card base, which was embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.

The inside is clean and simple...

The sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy ink and it's from the Path of Petals Stamp Set. The Mango Melody butterfly is from the Beauty Abounds Stamp Set.

I'm also playing at Retro Rubber RRCB141 where one of the requirements is to use a stamp that is older than a year. The stamps are from 2018.

RRCB 141

Thank you for stopping by today. I'm a little late posting because I had to get my hair cut. I really detest having to wear a mask for that but I'm thankful I have hair to cut!


9 comments:

  1. This is very pretty....I love the Navy background and of course, the butterflies! I do think it needs another metallic pearl....the eye likes things in "threes", so I think it would balance it out. Lovely way to do the sentiment too! Thanks for playing in two of my favorite challenges, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I added another metallic pearl!

      Delete
  2. Who doesn't love butterflies? You can never go wrong with them on a card, these are so beautiful in those pretty colors.
    I also think you do need that third metallic pearl, you have 3 pretty butterflies, so another pearl will look perfect.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. With the addition of the extra pearl, I may redo my photo :-)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I love butterflies and your card shows them off lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pretty butterflies and the textured navy background! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and understated Karen - perfect for a sypathy card, especially with navy as the dominant colour. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a serene card, which is what I like in a sympathy card! The textured Night of Navy background sets off the butterflies nicely. I would add a third pearl. When I worked part time in an interior design store, I was always told to arrange things in threes! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...