Monday, July 27, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whale Done Birthday Card

Good morning and welcome to another Monday Makeover Madness card. Last Thursday I posted this card ...


and today I made it over like this ...


I had created it for a speed challenge and I went over the 10 minute limit. I also had made it for our Thursday Blog Hop but didn't feel it fit the sketch challenge as well. I've got one more photo to show you before I go on to my card...

This is a 6" Guillotine that was in my husband's family. On the arm it reads "Diamond" Patent January 17, 1885. It still cuts perfectly and did a great job cutting the piece of Pool Party card stock that had already been embossed.


Once I cut it to the correct size, I adhered it to a mat of Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper, which I had adhered to my Pacific Point card base. Then I adhered the bottom strip from the same DSP. I had also cut a small strip that was the same as the DSP mat, which made the card front flush. 

The whales are from the same DSP and the largest one is punched with the Whale Builder Punch. The momma and the baby are fussy cut. The sprays are the back side of the DSP. 

Here's the inside...

The sentiments, fish and coral are from the Whale Done Stamp Set. The inks I used are Pacific Point, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party and Calypso Coral.




Janis, at Crafting Happiness, is doing something different on her challenge this week. She is asking people to: **Use the LIKE button on the project photos you like.The top LIKED photo will be featured on Sunday!**  I hope you will take time to like mine and if you do, thank you!

I'm so glad you stopped by today.

18 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Love that nautical designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little whale family frolicing in the waves! And I love your family guillotine!! Which...sounds a little odd once I read that...! Anywho - it's really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! BUT THAT CUTTER! Oh my gosh, I love stuff like that! So cool that it's still in great working order!!! I will think of that each time you post a card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnne, that's one of the items we didn't put in the garage sale back in the 90's.

      Delete
  4. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Challenge Blog Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool to have a vintage cutter! I also love your idea of taking a card and making it over. That is so clever!! I adore both cards and those whales! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy, for leaving a comment on behalf of STB.

      Delete
  6. That card is so cool. Love the whale, and great design. Thanks for joining us at ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
    Good luck and we hope you join us again soon
    Hugs, Barbara - DT member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara, for leaving a comment on behalf of Artsystamper.

      Delete
  7. Love your card Karen :) Your whales are adorable. That is such a cool paper cutter. I have one similar (not quite as old) that I use at work. Those were the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, great waves and whales, gorgeous papers, lovely design and thanks for entering into our BIRTHDAY challenge, hope to see you again and please don't forget to follow if you haven't already. ♥

    ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS. Good luck in the draw. . Love to see you next challenge.

    ~aNNie DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW what a fun and fabulous creation! LOVE those whales ... your design is awesome inside & out! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...