Sunday, July 26, 2020

Stampin' Up! Nothing's Better Than Birthday Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Do you like chocolate? Well, then, I have something for you brought to you by Nothing's Better Than Stamp Set and Sprinkles of Life Stamp Set (retired). I'm entering my card at the Fusion Card Challenge: FUSION Summer. You'll see why in a minute!


This was a successful card for LeAnne's As You See It Challenge #230 - Race In Triplicate.
 

I say successful because I tried four times! In any event, I have three other cards done involving cocktails, fish and chocolate. Sounds like a good dinner plan...lol! Speaking of dinner, chocolate IS a food so let's play at the Alphabet Challenge "H" is for hungry - favourite food!

My card base is Crumb Cake card stock with a mat of Early Espresso. The art panel is Very Vanilla card stock. For the challenge, you can have all your supplies out and stamps mounted. However, you can't start cutting or stamping until you start the clock. My stop watch was at 5:39:49 when I finished. I even had time to wipe my stamps off and close my ink pads!

The sentiments and three chocolates are from Nothing's Better Than Stamp Set, the sprinkles are from the Sprinkles of Life Stamp Set. The strip of DSP is from In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. I used Early Espresso Ink to stamp everything with the exception of the candy insides where I used Soft Suede Ink and my Dark Cinnamon Cider Stampin' Blends.

The speed challenge does not require that you finish the inside, but I did.



Everything stamped is from the retired set. I colored the cone with my Ivory Stampin' Blends and the chocolate with my Dark Soft Suede Blends. I probably should have masked my ice cream layers but I might have another solution which involves masking and fussy cutting the scoops (which are really toppings for cupcakes!). We'll see how ambitious I am! Ice cream is a food too, isn't it? No matter, I have made myself hungry and on today's menu, it's chicken souvlaki and rice.

Thank you for stopping by today and take time to grab a bite to eat!



16 comments:

  1. Fun sentiments! Not sure what a day without chocolate is like either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....this makes me want, well, CHOCOLATE!! A delicious way to stamp something in less than 10 minutes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this set too Karen and completely agree with this sentiment - chocolate is definitely a staple food group! Four times a charm - glad you got this one in with minutes to spare! Thanks for playing along with our speed challenge over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would argue that chocolate isn't a food group of its own! This is a lovely, and speedy, way to use this set. Thank you for sharing it with us at As You See It, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge, love your chocolate based card, I love them too much to give them up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meg, for leaving a comment on behalf of the AC.

      Delete
  6. Well done, Karen, and way to persevere! What a fast time, stamps cleaned and all! I am currently really having fun with this same stamp set and you did a great job, especially reminding me of how it's been a while since I had some good dark chocolate! I like the way the sprinkles in the opposite corners balance out the sentiments. Thanks for pumping up your adrenaline with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card and I love the fun sentiment, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! I just had to have some chocolate after seeing all your sweet creations - lol! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...