Friday, May 22, 2020

Stampin' Up! Special Someone Friendship Card

TGIF, peeps! I don't really like the sound of that because it means we only have one more week left in NC. Time flies but I will be happy to get back to my craft room. It has been nice crafting here as the owners have a kitchen table that's 8' long and 4' wide. They have a table out on the porch where we eat and a table in the family room where I have my Mah Jongg tiles set up so I can teach myself the new card for 2020. Do any of you play?

So, let me tell you about my card because that's what you are here for, right? I made it for the challenges at Double Trouble #57 Brown Bag It and Crafting Happiness #49 ATG. At Double Trouble, I'm playing along with all 3 Things and at Crafting Happiness for a kid's card. DT is partnering with CH, or vice-versa, and as a kid I loved to jump rope and play jacks (I still have my jacks). We even had jump rope competitions in gym class. I'm also entering my card at Try Stampin' On Tuesday: Challenge #457 as their sketch is the basis for my design.
Optional Theme: Dots and Stripes

I decided to use a card base of Crumb Cake, which is as close to Kraft as I can get.


See the jacks as my background? They are from a stamp in a kit I brought with me but haven't used yet.

Of course, I had my Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine and scraps of burlap DSP from an earlier card. So, I used my Detailed Trio Punch to punch out handles for the "rope"! Do you think raccoons jump rope? I know they are smart and capable of many things. I cut the oval and raccoon prior to coming to NC. The strips of DSP are from Bird Ballad and Magnolia Lane.

There is no sentiment on the front because...

I will be writing a little note to a friend inside. She and I played jacks and jumped rope together for many years.

I also had die cut the oval and punched the sentiment before I left home. The corner flowers are from the Ornate Garden Stamp Set and I used Pear Pizzazz ink.

This was such a fun card to make and I hope it brings my friend joy when she receives it.

Thanks for stopping by today and I wish you a great weekend.

14 comments:

  1. Karen this is so stinkin' cute. I LOVE it!! I love how you made your little raccoon jumping rope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea for a card, Karen! Raccoons are pretty darn smart, so who knows, maybe they jump rope after dark when we can't see them doing it! Love all the details of your card. You not only used the Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch, but met all three parts of the Double Trouble challenge, too!!! Thank you for joining both challenges with your cute card this week!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for commenting on behalf of TSOT. I know raccoons love to play with balls of yarn.

      Delete
  3. Aww - how cute! He's trying to slim down from his COVID-body!! What a fun design, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, Karen - I love this raccoon - and I'm so proud he's getting his workout in, lol. Great colors! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, I love the kraft (or very close to it!) with the dark green. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that little raccoon, especially holding the rope. Kraft was a perfect choice for your card. Thanks for sharing with us at both TSOT and Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the jump rope, what a fun toy as a child...and great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Crafting Happiness. Please come back and see what you can do with kraft and red this next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne. I have no red with me on vacation :-(

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...