Saturday, May 23, 2020

Stampin' Up! Magnolia Lane Concertina Fold Wedding Card

Having a great weekend? I certainly hope so. I can't believe it is Memorial weekend already. I'm grateful that we have a day every year to honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. Military. I wonder if there will be any parades this year? They will be long if they practice the 6' distancing!

I was inspired to create this card for the Double D Challenge Begins with "M". "M" is for Many Magnolias! I'm also entering it in Through The Craft Room Door: Anything Goes Challenge, at Craftyhazelnut's May Patterned Paper Challenge, and at Your Next Stamp Challenge #139 Fun Fold

I learned how to do this fold by watching Jan B. and reading Beccy Muir's tutorial. I don't have the needed supplies to finish the outside of my card so I'll show you the inside first.


Sorry about all the shadows...I wouldn't have been able to bring a light box with me even if I had one. It's on my wish list for Santa this Christmas!

This is one of the few pieces of Designer Series Paper that I had left in order to make this 5" x 6" card. Splitcoaststampers also has a tutorial for a Concertina Fold but it is nothing like this. However, theirs fits in an A2 envelope.

I fussy cut the flowers for the first and last panels and sponged the edges of my Whisper White rectangles with Mossy Meadow. I had to cut my photopolymer sentiment stamp in half because it was too long for the panel. I think I held my breath the whole time and almost passed out! It's from the Floral Essence Stamp Set and the lettering was quite tight and curvy.

On the sentiment panels, I stamped a flower from the February 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit in Basic Gray, stamped off once.

You will need a 10" x 6" piece of solid card stock. In my case I chose Thick Whisper White. You score and fold at 5".

The main piece of my Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper is  12" x 6" The second piece, which is the reverse side of the first piece, measures 8" x 4". I would encourage you to pick a pattern that is not directional! Score the big piece on the long side at 2", 4", 6", 8" and 10". Score the smaller piece on the long side at 2", 4" and 6". The 4 rectangle panels measure 2 3/4" x 1 7/8".

So I've given you the easy part, now I'll let Jan B. take over. Beccy did hers a little differently with the process of folding, cutting and assembly but I did mine like Jan. Either one will end you up at the right place.

Here's how it looks from the top.


and here's how it looks laying "flat".


I'll be finishing the front similar to Jan's but it will be a wedding card. I'll also need to make an envelope for it.

I hope you'll give this a try as it is really fun to create. I'd love to be able to make one on a smaller scale to fit an A2 envelope but I'd need an engineering degree. Maybe my friend, Mary, will give it a whirl!

I just found another "new to me" challenge:
Use Your Stuff: #398 Patterns

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card.

10 comments:

  1. Love the fold on this card and the magnolias are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Begins with “M”’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene. I'll be back for sure!

      Delete
  2. This is very cool! I am going to have to look this up to see how challenging it is, my club girls would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. Once you make one, it's easy.

      Delete
  3. Ha - love this card! Can't wait to see the finished front. :) And...challenge ACCEPTED!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see what you come up with...I know it'll be great!!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful card. the paper is gorgeous and I love interactive cards. Thanks for sharing with us at double d challenge Blog. We hope you join us for future challenges.

    Kathy





















    Beautifully designed card. I love the papers and an interactive card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT






    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fancy fold cards! This is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at UYS and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...