Saturday, May 16, 2020

Stampin' Up! Special Someone Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps!  We haven't seen any of these critters live in NC yet but I'm sure they're around because we've seen them playing possum on the highways.


I made this card before we left FL and I cut out a bunch of raccoons, along with the sentiment, and brought them with me but I'm not sure how I'll be using them. 

My card base is Calypso Coral Card Stock. I cut a piece of Old Olive and ran it through my embossing machine with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder (retiring June 2). I embossed a piece of Calypso Coral with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing folder and cut it with the Heirloom Frames Dies, which are retiring June 2. I wish I had cut first and then embossed because the flower pattern flattened out.

Using the Special Someone Stamp Set, I stamped the raccoon, flower and sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Thick Whisper White Card Stock. The raccoon is a two-step stamp so I stamped the second image of him in Gray Granite. I colored some grass with my Light Mossy Meadow Blends and the flower with Light Calypso Coral Blends. I cut out the critter (who is now known as "Ranger" courtesy of my team mate, Susan) and flower with the Special Day Dies. They are adhered with Dimensionals. I punched the sentiment out with the Classic Label Punch. I added three Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

For the inside, I stamped the big sentiment from the Stitched All Around Stamp Set and the Happy Birthday from the Label Me Bold Stamp Set. I used Old Olive Ink and Calypso Coral Ink. I punched the corners with my Detailed Trio Punch.



Thank you for stopping by today.


Partial Product List

11 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Love the little critter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet little dude! Love your design for this one, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Karen :) love these little critters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. Thank you for joining the challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on behalf of 2CCC.

      Delete
  5. A great card Karen. Love the embossed background Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Janis, for leaving a comment on behalf of LCAC.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...