Friday, May 15, 2020

Stampin' Up! Magnolia Lane Itty Bitty Birthdays Card

Finally Friday's card. I finally got on the Scrappy Strip Band Wagon. I sorta followed my friend, Mary, to make it but I went a little rogue. Thanks, Mary, for a fun video. Have I told you lately that I love being on your team? If any visitors to my blog would be interested in joining the team, give me a shout out and we'll work something out! Here is what I created with the strips and I did use scraps I had hanging around from the Magnolia Lane DSP.


I won't be re-creating the wheel with instructions, etc., because Mary does a much better job, with a few laughs along the way.

Today I'll be playing at Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes and at The Creative Crafters ATG #28.

I only brought one sentiment label punch with me so, once again I've used the Story Label Punch with the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set. I don't know what possessed me to use an alcohol marker (Terracotta Tile Light Stampin' Blends) to go around the edge, but I did. It bled a little but, I'm okay with it and the recipient won't care.

I'm in love with the Old Olive ribbon that's in the Botanical Prints Medley kit so I wrapped a piece of it around the scrappy mat. I made a separate bow and attached it with a glue dot. I'm running low on liquid glue but that's how I had to adhere the mat to the Whisper White card base. I added three pearls willy nilly and then adhered the sentiment with Dimensionals.

For the inside...


I kept it simple with two stamps from Itty Bitty and punched the corners with my Detailed Trio Punch. When we return to NC for the month of October and part of September, I'll be more experienced at what I need to bring. Running out of liquid glue is not an option!

Today we are off to Dry Falls. I have never been there but my son has. He says it is beautiful but he wants me to take an anxiety pill for the ride...guess that means it's a very winding road! Next week he plans to take me to Deal's Gap. I've been down that road in a video our friends took in their Corvette...ugh! .....and I used to love roller coaster rides!!

Thanks for stopping by today and hopefully I'll see you again tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Karen :) I still haven't tried this scrappy technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this is a great technique - and I love it with this gorgeous paper!! Thanks so much for the shout out on my video - and....I'm pretty darned happy you're on my team, too!! :) Enjoy your road trip - sounds like maybe some Dramamine would be better than an anxiety pill!! Make your "what I forgot this time and need to remember next time" list in the Notes app on your phone. As you think of it - type it in. Then your list will grow as you realize what you need! And...I can hook you up with some great Thirty One bags and totes to help you organize and carry all your goodies in the Fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Mary. I didn't need to take any pills! The ride was like the road going from Cades Cover in the Smokies down to Cherokee. However at that time, Perry and I were in the RV and it was a white knuckle trip. I'll be posting pictures soon. I know 31 has a lot of things I want but I want SU more :-) I do have a case on wheels which is easy for me to maneuver. I love all the 31 totes I've purchased from you.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...