Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Birthdays Bird Ballad Fun Fold Card

Woo hoo, it's Wednesday and I have waterfalls for you, along with a birthday card. First my card...



My inspiration came from my friend, Mary Deatherage. You can see her card here along with her video for it.

Inspire.Create.Challenge#69: Inspiration Challenge is where I'm playing today and I have chosen to go along with the theme of a fun fold/flap card. Another fun fold challenge can be found at Your Next Stamp #139. Also, for the second time I'm entering my card in the The Sisterhood of Crafters Birds, Bees, Butterflies Challenge.

I used Bird Ballad DSP, Pressed Petals DSP and the Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set to create my card.

My base is Basic Black with a mat of Bird Ballad that covers the front flap. I cut a piece of burlap-looking DSP from the Pressed Petals. I tried crumpling it up and ripping the edges like Mary did but I didn't achieve the same effect as she did with the embossing folder that will be available June 3. That folder is in my pre-order!

I only brought a few punches and a 1" circle punch was okay for the sentiment. However, I also used it to chop off the ends of the Calypso Coral mat that I punched out with the Story Label punch. I fussy cut the two birds out of another piece of Bird Ballad DSP. I am NOT the queen of fussy cutting...LOL!

The strip of ribbon is from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Pack and I adhered it with SNAIL before I adhered my sentiment with liquid glue and the birds with Dimensionals. I added three Champagne Basic Jewels.  With the card front completed, I went to the inside...sorta the inside...


I matted more of the Bird Ballad DSP on mats of Calypso Coral. The measurements are the same as Mary's.

Now for the REAL inside...

a Calypso Coral mat with a Whisper White panel on which I stamped the sentiment and added a strip of DSP. Again, the measurements are the same as Mary's. I'm not crazy about the dangling feet, but it beats birds with no heads on their bodies...lol.

This was such a fun card to make and Mary's video is fun and easily remembered! But she also has concise instructions for the cuts on her blog.

So, our first waterfall was called Bust Your Butt. I think it's called that because you take a great chance of busting your butt if you walk on the rocks to get to another mass of rocks and there were young people on the rocks!




That last one shows how high up we were on a road that was 20 mph and S curves galore! We weren't even at the top of the mountain yet!

These next pictures are of Dry Falls. We were able to walk down a ton of steps and stand behind the falls. It was awesome but wet!





I lived in NYS for 53 years and I still have never been to Niagara Falls and probably never will get there. I don't think there are any waterfalls in Florida except maybe on amusement park rides!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.



9 comments:

  1. Cute card! Thanks for sharing the waterfall pictures too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper - the birds - the fold - all of it!! And thanks for sharing your vacation with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. We don't go out much, but when we do everyone is social distancing and/or masked. It definitely is getting old, but the waterfalls never get old.

      Delete
  3. TFS both your card and the waterfalls! They looked amazing! Living on a dairy farm, we never got many vacations until my dad sold his cows, and our first real vacation was to Niagara Falls! It was AMAZING! We went back a few years ago and it's still amazing, if you ever get a chance, you should go...esp to the Canadian side, much cleaner there, LOL! I loved your choice of papers for your card, I am going to check out Mary's video as well! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne, and I'm so glad you got to enjoy NF. I let my passport lapse so I won't be going out of the US any time soon :-)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty card! Love the gorgeous designer paper you chose as well as the fun fold! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie, for leaving a comment on behalf of the Sistahs.

      Delete
  5. Your card is fabulous ... love the design! And, thanks for sharing those awesome photos! Don't you just love Mother Nature! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...