Sunday, May 31, 2020

Stampin' Up! Botanical Prints Product Medley

My card for you today is a cut that was inspired by Sherrie, a demonstrator from Peterborough, Canada. Our neighbors behind us are from there. I wish they could stay in FL longer than 6 months, but rules are rules.

Sherrie called this a "split cover" card. She has a video on You Tube for it. Here's my card....


Now, I would like your opinion...should I put a sentiment on it or is the Floral Essence flower enough? I'm entering my card at Sketch Saturday: Week #612 2017 Sketches and I am using their sketch #451 by Debra. 



I created mine a little differently than Sherrie. Here's her card...

splitcover

I let the DSP from the Botanical Prints Product Medley Kit (retiring 6/2 at $42!) form the front of my card. My card base is Pretty Peacock 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2".  I adhered a mat of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4". On the DSP, which is cut 3 3/4" x 5", I marked down 1/2" from the top left and down 3" from the top right. I placed it in my paper trimmer and cut diagonally lining up those two marks.

From the left side, I made a mark 1/4" down from the cut point. On the bottom I measured 3" from the bottom left and cut diagonally from mark to mark.

I cut two strips of Whisper White card stock 1/2" x 6", adhered it to the two corner pieces with liquid glue and snipped off the ends. I did a dry fit so I would know where I wanted to adhere the middle piece of DSP that was left over from the corner cuts. Then I adhered the corners.

The flower is stamped in Pretty Peacock, twice, on a scrap of Whisper White and punched out with the Perennial Flower Punch and adhered with liquid glue.

I have done nothing to the inside as I am waiting to see if I'm going to put a sentiment on the front.

Thank you for stopping by and, hopefully, you enjoyed my card. Goodbye, May!

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Pretty design with gorgeous paper! Sentiment...hmmm. I think you could go either way. Maybe a white Die cut sentiment? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, for your input. I'm so torn and go back and forth. I'll probably do whatever the majority says...hopefully, they'll say something :-)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen :) Love your design

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...