Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic Thank You Card

It's a tropical Tuesday for me in more ways than one. Not only do I live in tropical southwest Florida, but I've used the Tropical Chic Stamp Set and Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper to create my card. My main color today is Grapefruit Grove.


Want to know how long it took me to make this card? As You See It would like to know...7 minutes and 19 seconds!

Check out their guidelines and try making a card in 10 minutes or less.

Here's the inside...


This one took me a little longer than the one I made Sunday because I punched the corners.

As I mentioned Sunday, I watched Jessica Taylor on You Tube showing how to show off both sides of the patterned paper. For this one I did cut the DSP to 5 1/2" x 4" and the same for the insert.

Measurements and Instructions:

Grapefruit Card Base: Cut  Card Stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score and fold at 4 1/4"; then cut off 3 1/4" and save that piece for another card! Stamp the 1" portion that remains with the leaf-like stamp from Tropical Chic using Grapefruit Grove ink.


Grapefruit Grove Twine from Nature's Twine Pack: Cut 22"; wrap around center of 1" portion and tie in a bow.

Tropical Oasis DSP: Cut 5 1/2" x 4"; adhere it to the back of the 1" portion. When I make another one with the twine in the center, I will use Tear and Tape. I didn't have it out and because of the time limit I didn't bother. I'm hoping the SNAIL will hold.

Scrap of Very Vanilla: Stamp sentiment from Tropical Chic in Grapefruit Grove; punch with Pretty Label Punch. Sponge edges with same ink; adhere with Mini Dimensionals.

Adhere three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

Cut Very Vanilla inside panel 5 1/2" x 4, stamp sentiment, punch corners with the Detailed Trio Punch and adhere to card base. 

Done! Yeppers, no kidding...7 minutes, 19 seconds. I'm happy!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you come back tomorrow for my April 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative.


7 comments:

  1. Pretty card...love that it was speedy to make too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, Karen. This style of card really does show off that glorious paper to advantage. I think it is nicer with the paper cut a little longer than in the first of these you showed. Thanks for taking up the speed challenge with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. I agree about the paper cut too.

      Delete
  3. This is really pretty! If I had to choose between your two beautiful entries, Karen, I'd say this is my favourite, but then I've always been partial to Grapefruit Grove! Well done, completing it just over seven minutes!! Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever to allow both sides of the paper to show...and pretty paper it is! Great card for under 10 minutes too! Thanks for playing with As You See It's Speed Stamping challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...