Thursday, April 9, 2020

Stampin' Up! Ornate Birthday for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop



Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a sketch challenge. I can't wait to see what the other team members created. Hop along with us at the bottom of my post.

Here's our sketch...
Image may contain: text

and here is how I interpreted it. 



My card base is Mango Melody. On the card front, I matted a piece of Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper from the Brights pack.

On a piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the flower image from the Ornate Styles Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the flowers with Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie and Terracotta Tile. I used what Blends I had and then some Stamp N Write Markers. The leaves I colored with Light and Dark Old Olive Blends. I cut out the image and adhered it to the card front with Dimensionals.

Using the using the Ornate Flourish Dies, I cut the four doodads out of Champagne Foil, stuck them under the image and adhered the tips with glue dots. Then I stamped the sentiment from Ornate Thanks in Terracotta Tile.

For the inside I stamped the sentiment from Positive Thoughts and one from Special Someone in Terracotta Tile. I stamped the leaf image 3rd generation in Daffodil Delight. I punched the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch. Boy, am I going to miss that punch if it retires the end of May! I adhered the panel to the card base with liquid glue.


Measurements and a partial product list can be found at the bottom of my post, along with any challenges I might have entered.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to . Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other team members and their projects.
https://stampininthemeadows.com/?p=4006

Karen Finkle - you are here!
Karen Ksenzakovic 

Challenge:

Fab Friday #186

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored & folded at 4 1/4"
DSP Mat: 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White for Image: 5" x 4"
Scraps of Champagne Foil
Whisper White: 5 1/4" x 4 for inside mat

Partial Product List:

6 comments:

  1. SO pretty! Love the big, bold image popped up on the card front! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karen! The flowers are beautiful, love your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Karen. Not my usual color choices, but you did it very well. Your coloring of the flowers and leaves is fantastic! Love it, in spite of it not being my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this new suite! And especially with our bright sunny colors! The foil accents on the front are awesome as well as the little die cut details on the inside! THanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Karen - love this gorgeous cluster of flowers! They look so lovely in our sunny colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...