Monday, December 2, 2019

Stampin' Up! Wrapped in Plaid Pyramid Treat Box

I used the Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper to create my project for you today. The paper comes in a 6" x 6" pack and the plaids are just wonderful!

Meg taught us how to make these boxes and she had us practice on some retired DSP...thus the valentine one!

Here's a photo of the stand-alone one showing what is inside the little pyramid.


So, that was two weeks ago and I forgot some of what she taught us! I did find a video on You Tube by Jane Allmark and her way was similar to Meg's. However, I found this one, which is very clear on the "how to" and even includes a window pyramid. The only tools you need are a scoring pad, stylus and bone folder.

I do remember the first few steps Meg taught us:

Mark paper into thirds by scoring at 2" and 4", fold and burnish. Rotate the paper, score, fold and burnish again. You do this with the paper face up that you want to be the inside of the "box".

Open the paper and with the inside up, fold one corner of the sheet into a small triangle and then fold the paper up to the top to create a large triangle. Now is where the video comes into play around 2:03 mark! There is no way I can explain it, you need to see it!

The next photo is all the tries I have made and none have come out as perfect as the one I made at Meg's. Let me tell you, I have become addicted to making these so that I can get it perfect AND use up retired sheets of 6" x 6" DSP! 

I have not added any ribbon to the boxes until I achieve perfection!

One very important thing is to be sure your paper is exactly 6" x 6". I made one and it was off by 1/8" on one side. It really throws off the scoring and folding. Let me know if you give it a try.

I'm entering my project at the Allsorts Challenge #548 - Christmas Gifts for the second time (limit is 3 times with different projects) and tomorrow I will have my third and different box!

Thank you for stopping by today!






6 comments:

  1. Very cute treat boxes! Perfect size for a little something chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty shaped sweet boxes, lovely to hang on the tree. Many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great box for those special treats. Would look great on the tree too x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...