Monday, October 28, 2019

Stampin' Up! Waterfront Thank You Card

Did y'all have a great weekend? I certainly hope so. Mine went by like a blink of an eye. I got back into the craft room yesterday and I couldn't even remember where half my stuff was! What will it be like when I'm away for a month? I've already told my son to make room for stamping supplies in the truck. I can't possibly create cards a month ahead! So, in any event, this is what I created to share with you today...


I used the Waterfront Stamp Set to create my autumnal scene. It reminded me of where we had been and it's for the people who rented us their house. I'm playing at International Art & Soul Challenge #70 and Stamping Sensations October Trees/ Leaves/Autumn.

My watercoloring skills are quite rusty but it is what it is! The mountains were done in Gorgeous Grape, some were stamped off once. I used my aqua painter to go over them. Then I used Stampin' Write Markers (Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot, Crushed Curry and Shaded Spruce) to create the foliage.

The sky was done in Balmy Blue with my aqua painter. The river was done in Pretty Peacock. I sponged the land in Crumb Cake and stamped the trees in Shaded Spruce. 

My card base is Very Vanilla with a mat of Shaded Spruce on which I stamped the sentiment from the retired By the Bay Stamp Set. I stamped it with VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with Gold Emboss Powder and heat set it with my heat tool. I adhered it to my card base with liquid glue. Then I adhered a mat of retired DSP. I mounted the art panel with Dimensionals and I bet Mary can guess how many I used!

The inside is blank because I will write a note of appreciation.

Speaking of appreciation, that's how I feel about you hangin' with me during my vacation. Now it's back to being retired and making a card each day! It's great exercise for the brain! Have a great Monday, peeps and thanks for stopping by.

Card Cuts:

Base - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Shaded Spruce Mat - 5 1/4" x 4"
Wood DSP - 5" x 3 1/4"
Watercolor Panel - 4 3/4" x 3

Partial Product List

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have such trouble with scenery, but you did an awesome job! This would be great for so many occasions too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mountain scene, Karen - your house-hosts will love it, I know! And yes - traveling with your supplies is VERY doable (and I kinda oughta know, huh?!?) so you should absolutely plan to take them when you go for a month!! Glad you're home and back in the swing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I enjoyed talking with you this afternoon. I know I won't take as many supplies as you did!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's fantastic Karen! The fall colors are perfect, great layers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I appreciate your leaving a comment on behal of SS.

      Delete
  5. A really super landscape scene, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful I'd love to be able to see that view daily. Thank you for supporting International Art and Soul, I love seeing your creativity and imagination at work. We hope to see your inspiring talent again in the near future. Love ‘n’ hugs Sall, International Art and Soul DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sall, for leaving such a nice comment on behalf of IAAS. I'll be back!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...