Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stampin' Up! All Sports Masculine Birthday Card

My card today uses the All Sports Wood Mount Stamp Set from 2004! It was in Carole's stash and I knew I could use it for my Maine pen pal who is turning 12 tomorrow. He is a great baseball player, plays soccer and is into karate...and I'm into playing at Retro Rubber's ATG challenge RRCB120!


My card base is Real Red. I took a piece of 5 1/4" x 4" silver foil and ran it through my Big Shot with the 3D Hammered Metal Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card base.

I cut out 3 Basic Black squares with my Layering Squares Dies. I stamped two baseballs and a soccer ball on a scrap piece of Whisper White. Then I cut them out with one of the dies from Layering Circles.

The "MVP" is cut out of a Real Red scrap with the retired Little Alphabet Dies. Everything was adhered with liquid glue.

For the inside, I used the sentiment stamps from the retired Picture Perfect Stamp Set. The baseballs were created from an oddball stamp that Carole had in with the SU set. You can see how much I loved it! I used Real Red Ink and a stippling brush to cut down on the white glare.


I hope Edgar will be pleased with his card...I am!

Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. Cool embossed background! Great colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! that embossing folder you used for the silver panel makes it look like you actually hit it with a hammer, so pretty and perfect for your masculine, sports card.
    Love how you finished the inside too.
    Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card any 12 year old boy would love. Great job. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! what a gorgeous "guy" card. and the embossing really takes it to the next level! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (embossible!) STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is cool....how did I miss this one? Very neat background and your sports theme is bound to please! And the inside is just as fun! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...