Sunday, August 4, 2019

Stampin' Up! Whimsical Words Birthday Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Hope you have had a great weekend so far.

Today's card is the last of the cards we made at Sue M.'s on Thursday. I'm playing today at Seize the Birthday: #171 ATG...no optional flowers for me. I love that they give their participants AND Design Team a choice.




The card base is Whisper White with mats of Pear Pizzazz and Blushing Bride. The top mat is Whisper White that was sponged with Berry Burst, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz. Then we had a template of circles and sponged White Craft Ink wherever we wanted to create the bokeh technique. Stampin' Up! has a stamp for that effect and I will list it below.

Sue had the "celebrate" and "you" already cut for us. They are from the retired Celebrate You Thinlits.

I'm not sure about the cake and candles stamp but I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with various Blends, fussy cut it, and adhered it to the bokeh mat (once it was dry) with Dimensionals. Then I adhered all the mats together and glued them to the card front. The cut outs were then adhered with liquid glue.

The inside "candles" sentiment is from the retired Whimsical Words set, which was a Sale-A-Bration set but I'm not sure what year it was. The Happy Birthday stamp is a cute one with the heart on the exclamation mark.

That's all for today, folks, and I thank you for stopping by. I'll see you tomorrow for another CASE.



Product List

2 comments:

  1. I adore this card. Love the whimsical look of the cake with the candles and the sentiment inside is fantastic. Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...