Friday, August 16, 2019

Stampin' Up! Tasteful Textures Retirement Card

TGIF for those of you who are still working. I can't believe I've been retired for 19 years! My upline just retired and this is the card I made for her a few weeks ago so some of the colors might not be accurate in my description (sorry).



I sponged the top part of a Whisper White mat with Seaside Spray and the bottom with Pear Pizzazz.  I stamped the trees from Lovely as a Tree (retired) in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Then I ran the panel through my Big Shot with the Woodland Embossing Folder. I adhered it to another mat of Whisper White and mounted the panels on a Tranquil Tide (retired, but it was her favorite color) card base. Pretty Peacock is now a close match.

The sentiment is from the Well Said Stamp Set, stamped in Pretty Peacock on a scrap of Whisper White. I used the Classic Label Punch to cut it out. I ran my Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker around the edges and adhered it with Dimensionals.

Mary has horses so I stamped horses from the Let It Ride Stamp Set using Gray Granite stamped off twice. The sentiments are from the Tasteful Textures Stamp Set and are stamped in Pear Pizzazz and  Pretty Peacock.


The trees are from Let it Ride and are stamped in Pear Pizzazz.

Being a former trumpet player back in the day (which I have learned is offensive to some), I love the song I Talk to the Trees by Chet Baker...trust me, you don't want to listen to Clint Eastwood sing it...lol. Over at Little Red Wagon Challenge #510 - I'd Like to Teach the World To Sing is where I'm entering my card. I hope you'll pay them a visit as they have great challenges. I'm also playing for the second time this month at Creative Fingers Anything Goes #169.

I know Mary is enjoying retirement and I hope you enjoyed my card. Thank you for stopping by today.


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm sure that she loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy, and yes she did...or else she's a good liar...lol.

      Delete
  2. As the recipient of this gorgeous card - I can tell you it's even MORE beautiful in person than here on the web! Thank you thank you thank you for your kind card sending me on to the next chapter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. You are very kind and truthful...if you saw my response to Amy. I love that we can have a good time together.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I love the mix of stamping with embossing.

    My mum and a good family friend play the trumpet. I've never heard that it's offensive to some people! I say, keep playing!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...