Thursday, August 1, 2019

Stampin' Up! Come Sail Away Memories and More Pack for the Happy Inkin' Krew Blog Hop


Welcome to our weekly blog hop. Today we have a sketch challenge and here is what I created for it using the Come Sail Away Memories and More Pack.



Here is the sketch.
No photo description available.
If you have never purchased one of these packs, you are missing out on making easy peazy cards!


My card base is Crumb Cake card stock with a piece of Night of Navy card stock for a mat, which I embossed with the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder. I adhered it to the card base with liquid glue.  

I took two pieces from the Memories and More card pack and arranged them according to the sketch. I adhered two pieces of Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine to the back of the lighthouse mat and adhered that to the piece that looks like old camping pillow material! Then that was adhered to the embossed mat, also with liquid glue.



Taking a scrap of Vellum card stock, I went over it with my embossing buddy and stamped the "For You" sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Night of Navy. While that was still wet, I sprinkled Clear Emboss Powder over it and set it with my Heat Tool. I cut it out with the Classic Label Punch. I cut off the right point and adhered the sentiment to the lighthouse. I could have just stamped the sentiment on the paper, but I thought the Vellum cut out represented the sketch more.

For the inside...
I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy from the Sailing Home Stamp Set. The birds and sailboat from the same set are stamped in Night of Navy. I used my light and dark Crumb Cake Blends to color the sailboat and my dark Pretty Peacock Blend to color the water. I stamped the anchor in Crumb Cake and heat embossed it with Clear Emboss powder. I used the die from Smooth Sailing Dies to cut it out. The rope was cut with that die set using Early Espresso card stock. I snipped the rope and slid it through the anchor top and adhered it with dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop today. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to that team member.


Amy Koenders
Karen Finkle - you are here!





10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Karen! Great way to use those Memories & More cards, perfect layering too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Karen. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Karen and I so agree with you...the Memories and More Packs make card making feel so easy and this card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun fun - wonderful masculine card, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know what to do with those card packs but you made a beautiful card! Great use! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...