Thursday, June 13, 2019

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home and Smooth Sailing for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop




Yeppers, it's a color challenge this week! Pretty Peacock is one of the new SU 2019-2021 In Colors. So, let me strut my stuff (just to remind you, a male peacock struts his stuff for a peahen)! I have created a masculine card for this week's blog hop challenge. Through the Purple Haze has a masculine challenge this month.

I brought out my Sailing Home Bundle to make what could be a birthday, graduation or congratulatory card. I also tried a new technique and I have fallen in love with it! Take a look see...

My card base is Pretty Peacock 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2". I cut a panel of Shimmery White card stock 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and spritzed it with water on both sides. I took a piece of Saran Wrap larger than the panel, scrunched it into a ball, opened it loosely so that it would cover the area of my panel, spritzed it with water, dropped a few drops of each ink refill from the challenge AND added drops of Frosty White Shimmer paint. (I got a little carried away with that!) I smooshed the ink drops around and then spritzed the Shimmery White with water again. I layed the panel on top of the wrap and flipped it over. Then I opened it up further and spread out the wrap so it covered the entire panel. Don't "iron" out the wrinkles! I pressed it very gently and left it alone for an hour. After the hour, I carefully removed the wrap and let it dry over night.

While I was waiting for that hour to go by, I stamped the lighthouse in Blueberry Bushel, then in Versa Mark Ink and heat embossed it with Clear Emboss Powder. I colored the grass with an Old Olive marker. Then I cut it out with a die from Smooth Sailing.

I stamped the sentiment in Blueberry Bushel. That one came from the Colorful Season Stamp Set. I cut it out with the oak tree die that's in the Nature's Roots set (page 194) and partially cut it with the top of the tree one way, turned it and partially cut it again. I took my paper snips to cut out where the lines didn't meet. I was hoping it would resemble a cloud. I sponged the sentiment with Pretty Peacock Ink and went around the edge with my Old Olive marker.

The next morning I added both the lighthouse and the sentiment to the panel with dimensionals. Then I used liquid glue to adhere the panel to the card base. This process warps the paper a little so if you are good at getting a panel on straight with Tear and Tape, I'd use that. That is NOT my forte!

Ready for the inside?


The sentiment is stamped in Blueberry Bushel and it's from Peaceful Place. I sponged the bottom with Pretty Peacock and the top with Blueberry Bushel. The sailboat is stamped off once in Blueberry Bushel. I thought about adding waves with a white gel pen, but I am not an artist and it's not a product Stampin' Up! carries.

When I first started out, I had a totally different layout planned with different cutouts, but it just didn't work for me. Those will show up on another card one day. I hope you've enjoyed my card and that you'll give the Saran Wrap a try. There are many You Tube videos out there from which to choose.

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to that team member. I can't wait to get hopping to see what my teammates have created.

Before I go, though, I want to enter my card at The Library Challenge 35 - To the Lighthouse...I may even read the book!



Karen Finkle - you are here!

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool technique! I've tried it before but without the Shimmer Paint and it didn't turn out great. Might have to try it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved playing with this technique. I hope you do try it again because I'd love to see your card!

      Delete
  2. Karen, you have outdone yourself. This is wonderful! Great use of the colors to make a special masculine card. I may have to try that saran wrap technique. Can I use another brand? :-) Great way to use that oak tree die...I would NEVER have thought to do that. May have to CASE this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. Ha! Saran Wrap is to Cling Wrap and Kleenex is to tissues! I hope you do CASE it.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a cool technique - and so perfect for your lighthouse scene! Wonderful card, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That background looks fabulous.what a great card. Thanks for joining The Library

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card.
    Thank you for your entry at Through the Purple Haze.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Marina, it was nice of you to let me know that exciting info.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...