Saturday, July 6, 2019

Stampin' Up! Making Every Day Bright Christmas Card

Yes, you know for sure it's Christmas in July everywhere, including at As You See It.


I've used Making Every Day Bright and Star of Light for my card today. These stamps sets are retired but well worth it if you can get a deal through SU demo's who are selling them. I'm not!


So, for "red", I used Cherry Cobbler card stock as my card base. You can tell my "Star" is the Christmasy sentiment from Star of Light and it's done in gold emboss powder. I used Gold 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon to run across the Whisper White panel. The pine branches are die cut from the retired Pretty Pines Thinlits. There, I've fulfilled my challenge!

My stamped images (3 of them for the Inkspirational: Challenge #190) are the pine cone and other bulbs from Making Every Day Bright. They are punched out with the Christmas Bulb  Punch, which is a current product. 

For the inside, I used retired SU DSP and I can't even give you the name. Maybe someone will leave a comment if they remember. I do love the plaid. The sentiment is from Star of Light. I did use the current Stitched Nested Labels Dies for the inside panel.


In addition to the challenge above, I'd like to enter my card in the challenges at Kitty Bee Designs and Winter Wonderland.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday wherever you are. I'm where it's in the 90's and humid every day...Christmas cards are keeping me cooler!

8 comments:

  1. THis is beautiful! What a fun group of elements you've put together to make this pretty card...I really love the sentiments, inside and out. Just lovely! You're on your way to starting your Christmas cards now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I always try to do one a day in July and then quit until the Holiday catalog comes out. Otherwise, my stamps would go unused...lol.

      Delete
  2. Karen, those little gold embossed stars are so sweet! They really add to the Christmas vibe. Thank you for playing along with us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. It was my pleasure to play and I thank AYSI for the opportunity.

      Delete
  3. Hang on to this stamp set, I looks like a treasure. Your card is a great mix of traditional and modern look, different and looking great! Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, my hat is off to you if you used those Pretty Pines dies. I always found that the cardstock was diabolically difficult to get out of the die after 2 or 3 times. Your layout is really attractive and it was clever using the word star for that element of the challenge! Thanks for joining us for our recipe challenge at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather. I have had no problems yet with the dies. I was hoping someone would get the star part!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Get Well

Good mid-week morning, peeps! My card today was inspired by my upline and friend, Mary Deatherage. Here's her "how to" . I str...