Friday, July 5, 2019

Stampin' Up! Hearts Come Home Christmas in July

You knew it was just a matter of time before I started my Christmas cards, right?

Today I used everything that is retired for my card with the exception of the Copper Foil. I wanted to use up some old Christmas Designer Series Paper before the new paper comes out in the upcoming Holiday Catalog. My design came from Call Me Crafty Al's You Tube video for a July Sheetload of Cards. In order to get her instructional pdf, you need to subscribe to her channel and that is easy to do! I decided to make one card, not 12 and here it is...



I wanted my center panel to be a little different than hers. I cut 1/2" off the bottom panel so that my DSP pieces had copper edges all around and in between. My ink color is Tranquil Tide with matching Enamel Dots...would you consider these "bling"? I hope so because I decided to take the right side vertically at Jingle Belles Tic-Tac-Toe. I stamped my sentiment and santa/reindeer image from the Hearts Come Home set. You will see the die cut in the next photo.


For the inside, I cut a piece of Tranquil Tide card stock with a die from the Hometown Greetings Edgelits. 

I added some copper foil stars from the confetti star border punch and some copper foil behind the window.

I haven't played in quite awhile at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Challenge so I am doing that today. Hazel has the option to show snowflakes for challenge #444. She also has a patterned paper challenge which I am entering. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are planning a relaxing weekend. 


13 comments:

  1. Karen your card is gorgeous!!! I just love the metallic border and that dark green. Thanks so much for sharing about SheetLoad of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alicia, and thank you for the design!

      Delete
  2. I love how you put these pretty diecuts on the inside and accented them with the gold foil! I'm happy to see someone using these at all...they are just lovely and need to be highlighted! SU was foolish to only have them for such a short time, their loss! The DSP is lovely too..I didn't get that pattern and I can see that I should have...but I already have SO MUCH, LOL! Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne...you might be getting some in the mail whether you want it or not...LOL.

      Delete
  3. So lovely, Karen! Great use of the DSP and I agree with LeAnne about SU keeping things only a short time. Too bad. Keep going on those Christmas cards and you will be ready come December. I wish I was that smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. Another one follows tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Love this paper - those colors go together so well - and the copper touches are perfect!! Very nice design - and yes. I DO think the enamel dots are "bling"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you so much for taking time out of your trip to visit and leave a comment. I appreciate it more than you know.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty Karen! Love mix of designer papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. It amazes me how you visit and leave comments while you are so busy eating gelato ;-) I'm loving your pics, along with Mary's.

      Delete
  6. Love the combination of beautiful papers ... thanks for playing Tic-Tac-Toe with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card with great paper combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think the combination of enamel dots and metallic cardstock adds up to "bling" lol. plus it's an allround gorgeous card! thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...