Saturday, July 13, 2019

Stampin' Up! Above the Clouds Encouragement Card

Good morning, afternoon or evening...whenever you are reading! My card today uses the Above the Clouds stamp set and Hot Air Balloon punch (also available as a bundle). It's one we made at our Thursday stamp group. Meg was our hostess and she fixed a delicious shrimp quiche for lunch, along with a red velvet cake to celebrate Edie's birthday. I'll be entering this one in the Library Challenge #37.
five weeks in a balloon book - Google Search
Up, up and away...



We started with a card base of Old Olive. Then we used sponge brayers to color a Whisper White mat in Night of Navy and Balmy Blue. 

Meg had the clouds die cut for us so all we had to do was adhere them to the "sky" with liquid glue. Using the retired Graceful Glass patterned paper, a/k/a DSP, we punched out the balloon covers and colored them with many different Blends, three of which were Light and Dark Night of Navy, and Dark Daffodil Delight . Then they were adhered to the balloons that were punched out of Whisper White scraps. I think my colors fit the top row across at Color My Heart Color Dare #351. I've also thrown in some pinks and greens!

I'm playing at Inkspirational Challenge #191 with my balloons.

The balloon basket was stamped, punched and colored with a Dark Crumb Cake Blend. The balloons and one basket are raised with mini dimensionals. With the use of a little patterned paper, I'm entering my card in the Simply Create Too Challenge #151.

The sentiment and mat pieces were punched with the 1 1/8" and 1 3/8" scallop punches. The sentiment is from Above the Clouds.


The inside is clean and simple using the same stamp set...


I've labeled this as an encouragement card but I think it is also a friendship card. There's enough room to add another sentiment. 

Thank you for stopping by today, I really appreciate your visit and comments.

20 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a great way to use that vellum DSP, it works perfectly for those cool balloons! ENjoy your day---stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS, nice selection of colors and love the sentiments. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare and please come back for future color challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! They look just like the balloons that floated over our house in New Mexico! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sentiment and the balloons look like colourful jewels in the lovely only sky. Thanks for joining The Library

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment and the balloons! Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice greeting card. Martina - Visiting Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background and sentiment fits the balloons perfectly! Thank for sharing with us at Colour Dare - hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the combination of mediums and techniques used for this card. Thank you for playing with us at Simply create too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, Karen! The sentiment is just perfect and you created a lovely sky for the background. Thank you for playing along at Color My Heart Color Dare #351.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an adorable card. Loved all the details.
    Thank you for sharing in the Inkspirational gallery

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super, super cute card. I like how you decorated the inside, also. Thank you for sharing your creation at the Color My Heart Color Dare blog.💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...