Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Stampin' Up! Painted Glass Sympathy Card

Good morning, peeps. I hope your Tuesday is starting out good for you. Mine started with filling an order for a sympathy card that would be black and white and involve butterflies.

I brought out my Painted Glass Stamp Set for the sentiment. This stamp set came out in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog so since it's over a year old, I'm playing at Retro Rubber Challenge #113 - Anything Goes (RRC113). The DSP is from the retired Botanical Butterflies paper. Let's take a look...

I added my own dashes on the edge of the sentiment. You could easily make the patterned paper with the Buffalo Check Background Stamp and use butterflies from the Butterfly Gala stamp set. OR if you wanted to change your color to Basic Gray, you could use the checkered pattern from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper...so many options!

I punched the sentiment and its mat with the Everyday Label Punch. The sentiment is adhered with mini dimensionals.

I kept the inside simple so the sender could write her own note.


I want to thank Janet Wakeland for the design. I want to also thank you for stopping by today. Before I go, I'd like to enter my card in one more challenge at Daisy Chain Challenges #31 Monochrome.

Measurements:

Basic Black Card Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"

Basic Black Mats: 3" x 3" (cut 2)

Basic Black Mat for sentiment: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" (cut in half horizontally)

Whisper White Inside Panel: 5 1/4" x 4"

Whisper White for Sentiment: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Checkered DSP: 5 1/4" x 4" for card front
                        5 1/4" x 3/4" strips for inside (cut 2)

Butterfly DSP: 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" (cut 2)


13 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the design and the layering is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card for Sympathy. Thank you for sharing. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathy cards are so difficult to make but yours is gorgeous and serene, the recipient will love it and I'm sure it will bring comfort to them.
    Love the butterfly images, this DSP is gorgeous.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You leave such great comments, Maria...thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful sympathy monochrome card. I love the butterfly stamp too. Sympathy cards are always a difficult occasion to make for and this is very fitting. Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Daisy Chains and good luck. Michelle - DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this card is - well, I want to say lovely - but since it's a sympathy card that seemed wrong. I like the monochromatic nature of it and the way you've combined strong lines with natural imagery. It also shows off the idea that you really only need paper, ink and stamps to make a great card. Thanks for joining in with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean by "lovely" but I think it is :-) Thank you for leaving such a nice comment on behalf of RRC.

      Delete
  6. This is really pretty, Karen...a great use of these papers together as well as that sentiment. Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Retro Rubber. Your customer will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...