Friday, June 28, 2019

Stampin' Up! Good Morning Magnolia Thinking of You Card

TGIF already, again? Wow!  Where is time going?? We are almost into July and I haven't had a chance to work on my New Year's Resolutions...oh, that's right...I didn't make any!

I used the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set to create this card to share with my Thursday card group. My inspiration came from one of my team members, Jaimie, for the way she cut the sentiment using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies and for the DSP she used. I'm pretty sure I created this for The Paper Players #447 Jaydee's sketch challenge.




My card base is Basic Black. The Petal Pink mat is cut at 3 3/4" x 5". I stamped four of the flowers on the side in Petal Pink. I used a die from the Magnolia Memories Dies to cut the flower out of a piece of Magnolia Lane DSP. The strip of different DSP from the same package measures 1 1/2" x 5". I used a scrap of Petal Pink to stamp my sentiment in Mossy Meadow and cut the edge off after I die cut it. I added the tiniest pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't used the pearls for the dotted "i's". The sentiment is adhered with mini dimensionals.

I left the inside blank so it would be able to contain a personal note. The corners are punched with the Detailed Trio punch and I adhered a 1/2" x 4" strip of the DSP at the bottom. 




My favourite colour to wear is black and pink. Just to prove it's been a favorite since I was in my early 20's, take a look...
That's my brother with me and I think it was Easter Sunday. Boy, would I like to have that waist line again...and that was after having a baby!

I have more than one favorite color combo so I'm entering for the second time at Cardz 4 Galz Challenge #99.

The group knows I like to use them as guinea pigs for a lunch recipe that I have never made before. I made a BLT macaroni salad and it was pretty tasty. If you'd like the recipe, let me know. Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin pie really did taste homemade! We all had a great afternoon and in future posts, I'll be sharing other cards we made. Thank you for stopping by today and I'll see you tomorrow I hope.

14 comments:

  1. Love your card Karen. It is so lovely I have to think about joining the challenge I saw it on. I thought why join Karen has to win with that card. Am I selfish? Smile here please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Shirley. Not selfish at all! I'll have to go check on yours.

      Delete
  2. Karen your magnolia card is lovely and the tone-on-tone stamping adds great interest to the left panel. I also like the way you used a single flower to anchor your sentiment. It would co-ordinate perfectly with your dress too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne. My dress was definitely Petal Pink and Basic Black...lol.

      Delete
  3. Pink and black is a super combination, Karen! Sometimes, I just wish I was 20 again - if only I could keep any wisdom earned! Love the way you've stamped the images in pink-on-pink and how you've created a little arrowhead for the sentiment. Thanks for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. No way would I want to be 20 again in this day and age no matter how much wisdom I had accumulated. Well, except I would be able to start making cards for a longer period of time and use up the mountain of designer series paper I have...lol!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty card Karen! The colors are fantastic, love the design too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! You look pretty good there!! And the card was pretty too. I would like that recipe, please. THanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. That was one of my favorite dresses. I used to make my own and I hate sewing! BUT I loved cutting out the patterns. I will email the recipe to you.

      Delete
  6. LOL, your card is lovely...I like how you used the diecut for your sentiment as well as how you outlined the single flower...really creates a beautiful bold look! And yes, I wish I had my waistline from way back then, too! Lovely creation! Thanks for sharing this with us at AYSI! Happy 4th to you and yours! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. Well, we know John still has his! Happy 4th to you and your family as well.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on being chosen as Spotlight Winner at Cardz4galz by Helen with this creation. :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynda...it was such a wonderful surprise!

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...