Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Stampin' Up! Beauty Abounds and Tea Together 90th Birthday Card

I was commissioned to make a 90th birthday card for a friend's mother who will be turning 90. I made a couple for her to choose from and she chose this one because of the inside sentiment from Tea Together and the images from Beauty Abounds, which are in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. You will see the sentiment along with other stamps I used from those sets further on down this post. I am playing today at 2 Sisters on the blog - #28 things with wings challenge and for the second time at Die Cut Divas - Celebrate the Birthdays Challenge.

I began with Thick Whisper White card stock for my card base. I adhered a piece of vellum from the Winter Wonderland 6" x 6" card stack (retired but you could use the Crackle Paint stamp). If you use multi-purpose liquid glue and sponge it on the vellum, it doesn't show through.


I cut a strip of gold foil and embossed it with the Fluttering TIEF. I used my Butterfly Thinlits to cut out the butterfly and the Large Numbers Dies to cut out the "90".  I adhered the butterfly and numbers with dimensionals...card front done!

Now for the inside...

I stamped everything with Versa Mark ink. For the butterfly from Beauty Abounds, I stamped it in Call Me Clover and then with Versa Mark. I heat set the butterfly with Clear Emboss Powder and everything else with Gold Emboss Powder. The "Happy Birthday" is from the retired Well Scripted stamp set.

The mat behind the art panel is Call Me Clover. Her mother loves green and gold.

I really am pleased with how this turned out. If you have any questions, just let me know in a comment.

Thanks for stopping by today, which is a special day...the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog goes live and ordering begins at noon MT! I have an updated link to it at the top of my page...or click here!

Partial List of Supplies:


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!
    Thansk for joining our challenge this month.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caroline, for leaving a comment. I was happy I could join!

      Delete
  2. Lovely card, all of the gold gives this card a special meaning. TY for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that background! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I think I need to get the Crackle Paint stamp!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty Karen! Love all of the gold touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and elegant. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Birthday challenge at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely crad.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2417 Theme Challenge

Here is what I created for our theme challenge today... This is the inspiration for our theme... Our sponsor for this week's challenge i...