Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Stampin' Up! Beauty Abounds and Free as a Bird

Today I let my Designer Series Paper do the work for me. I brought out the new Bird Ballad paper and followed Connie Stewart's One Sheet Wonder video where one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock makes 8 cards. Connie created her own DSP but I chose to use one sheet from the Bird Ballad, which is 12" x 12". No birds sit upside on a branch unless it's during a hurricane! So, that meant I had to change the design of one and cut another piece for one other. Being it was a larger sheet, there was no problem and I didn't have to cut into another sheet...phew! Lesson learned!!

I made up four out of the 8 cards as there are only going to be three or four attending Thursday. Each woman will be making a different card with the pieces in their kits.  Here's one of the cards I made...




Because I chose to use a Soft Suede base, I added a strip of Pool Party next to the DSP. I stamped the filigree in Old Olive and the sentiment in Soft Suede. The stamps are from Beauty Abounds and Free as a Bird, respectively. The strip covering the seam is Old Olive.

For the inside, I used stamps from the Free As a Bird set and used Soft Suede ink for the sentiment and Pool Party ink for the image.


Remember I said I was asked to create a custom card? Well, it is for a man who is having a birthday and loves to gamble. I thought I'd show it to you today...



This took awhile to design and create but it was fun! I hope he will like it and I hope the buyer does too!!

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...