Friday, May 10, 2019

Stampin' Up! Geared Up Garage

Happy Friday, peeps and hope you are gearing up (see what I did there?) for a fun weekend.


My friend asked me to make a birthday card for her son this month. He likes cars but he owns a truck and works on trucks for a living so I'll be CASEing this card for my Monday Makeover Madness post! Come back to check it out!

I used my Geared Up Garage stamp set and matching dies to make my card. It will be in the new 2019-2020 catalog but the dies are separate. I bought it as a bundle when it was offered in the Occasions catalog. You save 10% when sets are bundled. It's a great masculine set, especially when you use black, silver and gray.


My card base is Basic Black card stock. I took a Whisper White mat and sponged it with Basic Gray ink. It would have been easier and quicker to use that color card stock but I wanted a mottled look.

I ran a piece of Silver Foil through my Big Shot using the Tin Tile 3D folder. I love that look! I sponged that with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Even though I tried to heat set it and let it sit overnight, the ink didn't dry so I had to rub it off. If any of you know a trick for that, let me know in a comment.

On a scrap of Basic Gray card stock, I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with Black Emboss Powder and heat set it with my heat tool. I punched it out with the Tailored Tag punch.

The car is stamped on a scrap of Basic Black card stock with VersaMark ink and embossed with Silver Emboss Powder. I cut it out with a die from the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies.

Both the sentiment and the car are adhered with Dimensionals.

For the inside, I used a sentiment that came from Carole's stash. The gears are cut out of silver foil with the aforementioned die set. Again, I used a white mat and sponged it.


I decided to play at a new challenge site. Google automatically translated the page from German to English for me and it was perfect! The theme at Creative Friday #230 is a card for a man/boy. I'm also entering it on the Anything Goes #149 at Simply Create Too.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, just leave them in a comment. Hope to see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. great card! Thanks for joining us at creative friday.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...