Saturday, April 13, 2019

Stampin' Up! Sheltering Tree

It's Silly Saturday today and I hope you are enjoying your day and that you will enjoy my card. There's a little story behind it.

Our friends, Bob and Kim, just moved into a new home. We had looked at the same community and would have been their attached neighbors. You will see the villa on the front of my card. Not only would we have been close neighbors, but there is a pasture in the back yard. I love cows and just happened to have a cow stamp. These two friends are characters so I knew they would enjoy a funny card to welcome them to their new home. 

Remember I told you in an earlier post that I would try to play at the Alphabet Challenge site every time this year? Well I've made it to the second letter of the alphabet: Alphabet Challenge Blog: B is for Buildings!


I went to the Tuscany Isles web site and downloaded a model picture and printed it on Very Vanilla cardstock. This is an exact replica of the villa they bought. I penned in their address number on their garage and also penned in the sentiment. My son and I couldn't be their neighbors because we have two vehicles and a golf cart, none of which we want to part with...plus we have more space and windows in our current home. I'm not so sure I want cows for neighbors even though I love their sweet faces! Something else is not so sweet!

Here's what I mean...yes, something about methane gas!



I used stamps from Sheltering Tree to stamp the pasture,  a die from Lakeside Framelits to cut the stamped sentiment from Fabulous Flamingo, and the retired Word Bubbles dies for the cow "talk"! I wrote in the talk before mounting it with Dimensionals. You can see how it goes off the edge, right? Well, that's because of this challenge...Just Us Girls Trend Week #183 - Off the Edge


Hopefully I didn't put you over the edge with my sense of humor! In any event continue on with a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Hilarious! What a creative sense of humor. Love it! And, you are so right...the other end is no so sweet, and it has nothing to do with methane gas. Your friends are sure to love this great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. They should receive it today or tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. LOL!! Too funny, Karen! They're going to love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant and very personal card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...