Sunday, April 14, 2019

Stampin' Up! Daisy Delight

Happy Palm Sunday, my followers and visitors. It was a joyful day thousands of years ago when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey for what would become a painful situation on the following Friday. My son and I have a friend who is going through a really rough situation right now and has been since November. She and my son both lost their fathers within days of each other (hers unexpectedly). She just received devastating new this week about her mother's health so I made this card for her today. I hope it will bring her joy and that she will triumph over adversity just like Jesus did.


When I went through my sweet Carole's stamping supplies after her passing, I found a card front she had made but apparently had deconstructed as there was dried out tape on the back. So, I took that retired Delightful Daisy DSP and cut it into thirds. I adhered those pieces to a mat of a different pattern from the same DSP package, which I still had in my stash. Then I glued that to a Whisper White card base.

She also had the banner cut and stamped along with the daisy stamped and punched. I'm not sure what set the sentiment is from but I do like it! If you know, would you leave the answer in a comment please. The daisy stamp set and punch are still available (see below).  I adhered the banner to the card front with Dimensionals.

My design was loosely inspired by Sunday Stamps SSC202 - By the Row


For the inside I used another piece of the Delightful Daisy DSP and adhered it to the card base. Then I die cut a rectangle, stamped a sentiment from Beautiful Promenade in Mossy Meadow and adhered it to the mat.

Thank you for stopping by today and remember tomorrow is Monday Makeover Madness. I wonder who I will be CASEing?



Daisy Punch
[143713]
$18.00

8 comments:

  1. Karen, You have a heart of gold! Great card for your friend, in memory of another friend. I needed an uplift today, and you provided it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I can't believe how therapeutic making cards for others is.

      Delete
  2. Such pretty DSP! Love the colors and daisy images. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. It's nice to see we have a new medium daisy punch!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty card. I'm sure she will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, that daisy paper was a good rescue - I burned through all of mine almost instantly, lol. What a great remembrance! Love your thoughts behind this card as well - and very cheery! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is lovely! That DSP is so pretty and I love the way you used your friend's work to recreate this card. Sooooo difficult to lose a friend! BIG HUGS! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...