Friday, April 5, 2019

Stampin' Up! Flower Dedication

Yesterday our Thursday card group met at Sue L.'s. She prepared a delicious pulled pork lunch and some beautiful card kits. One of our club members passed away Monday evening, our sweet Carole. We all will truly miss her but glad she is no longer suffering. She had so much knowledge about techniques and paper...she taught me a lot. She loved flowers and gardening so I'm dedicating this post and card in her memory.


At first glance, I thought the flower image was from Flower Patch, Secret Garden or Flower Shop. SU has so many flower stamp sets. If you know what set it's from, please leave me a comment. Sue, if you're reading, tell me again the name of the set!

We stamped the image on a piece of Whisper White and then ran it through the Big Shot using the Basket Weave DTIEF. The ribbon is not SU. Sue had the butterflies punched out for us AND embossed! When I got home, I colored them with my Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight Light and Dark Blends. I adhered them with Dimensionals after I glued the Gingham Gala DSP to the bottom of the mat. Then I adhered the mat to the card front with Tombow. Then I added some pearls...Carole was more precious than pearls.

I'd like to enter my card in these challenges today:








Thanks for stopping by today. 

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely card and a wonderful tribute to your friend. I'm so sorry for your loss, Karen! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I've lost 3 friends the first 3 days of April in two years.

      Delete
  2. nice card, Karen. So sweet of you to dedicate it and this post to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I appreciate your taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a comment.

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your stamping friend Karen. :( Such a pretty card in her honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your crafty friend. I'm sure she would love your card. It is so pretty, and I love the embossed basket weave background. Thanks for playing our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Condolences to Carole's family firstly and to her cardmaking friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MAL. I'll let them know at the service on the 11th.

      Delete
  6. My condolences on the loss of your friend, Karen ... you honoured her beautifully with this 'basket' of sweet blooms and those wonderfully bold butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you lost your sweet stamping friend....your card is a lovely tribute to her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Deanne. I appreciate your leaving a comment on behalf of IYGACAC! That's a mouthful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at KCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I appreciate your taking time to comment.

      Delete
  10. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at If you give a Crafter a Cookie, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Amy. I didn't realize you were on the DT for both challenges. You're a busy lady!

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful card.Cute butterfly. Thank you for joining us at If you give crafter a cookie. DT Alka Acharya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alka, for taking the time to visit and leave a comment on behalf of IYGACAC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...