Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Stampin' Up! His Grace

Unfortunately, I made this card ahead for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop taking place later on in March. However, the wooden butterfly elements were part of the Sale-A-Bration promotion and the supply was depleted. (All current product must be used for that particular hop.) Thus, I am posting it here today. 

My card arose from a whoopsie! I was making the fun fold card from last Tuesday and cut my oval out of the wrong piece of card stock...layering ovals framelits to the rescue!


I covered back of the front with a piece of Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper to fill in the oval opening that wasn't supposed to be there! I also fussy cut two butterflies from that paper. I adhered some gold metallic thread to the Granny Apple Green oval rim and adhered that to the oval "opening". The wooden butterflies "took flight" using a white gel pen.

The challenge I'm entering today can be found at Always Fun Challenges #100 Theme: Inspired by a Movie.  This movie is inspirational!

http://www.flightofthebutterflies.com/home/

and Anne Marie has a theme challenge of "Think Spring" over at The Paper Players PP431
I hope you have a little time to visit these two challenge sites.

Now are you asking why my post title is what it is? Well, this will explain it...

I turned it into an Easter card. "He is risen" and the dove are from the stamp set "His Grace". The "happy Easter" is from the retired "Well Scripted" stamp set. I added a strip of DSP on the side to break up the white and show off more of the Granny Apple Green and Grapefruit Grove. I will be very sad when those colors retire.

To be honest, I'm happy I goofed! Hope you enjoyed my card and thanks for stopping by.

Partial Product List:

14 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love when an oopsie has such a happy outcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty layering on your ovals! Great card for Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Your "whoopsie" card is an Easter delight! Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good save, and I love the inside sentiment first and foremost! The butterflies on the outside coordinate so well with the papers...and look how they work with the challenges! Perfect! Thanks for playing with the Players this week, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne, for stopping by personally AND on behalf of The Paper Players. I was so happy to be able to play with my mistake!

      Delete
  5. Perfect! I just love all those butterflies...perfect for the spring challenge.Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your “whoopsie” turned out beautifully! I just love all of those butterflies. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne Marie. I appreciate your leaving a comment.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Masculine Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Blog Hop

Hello my stamping friends! Welcome to our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew hop. Our theme for this month is "For the "boys/men an...