Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bouquet Meets Wishing You Well

Over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, they have a sketch challenge and I have decided to play!


Also, at Stamp Ink Paper they are doing a "Thank You" theme.

I brought out my Beautiful Bouquet stamp set for the sentiments and my Wishing You Well for that gorgeous bow and "flower" arrangement. Take a look see...




This was an interesting photo shoot and I'll tell you and show you why in a minute.

My card base is Calypso Coral. I used a Grapefruit Grove mat on the front underneath the embossed Whisper White mat. I used the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder, a/k/a (3D TIEF) to emboss it.

The rectangular piece is 2" x 3" piece of the Grapefruit Grove foil, which is free through the Sale-A-Bration promotion.

Why did SU have to retire the scalloped punches? I used the 2 3/8" and 1 3/4" for the mat and sentiment. I sponged the Whisper White, added 3 different sized Grapefruit Grove Faceted Dots and the card front was done.

For the inside, I took a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White, punched the corners with the Detailed Trio punch, sponged the edges with Grapefruit Grove, stamped the sentiment in Grapefruit Grove. Then I moved the sentiment ever so slightly and stamped again in Calypso Coral to create a shadow effect. I used the "bouquet" from Wishing You Well to stamp in Grapefruit Grove second generation. I then used the "flowers" from that set to stamp Calypso Coral full strength. The bow is done in first generation Grapefruit Grove.

So, now I promised you I'd show you the photo shoot. Y'all know I work with an iPhone and my lighting is not great. I tried posing the card in different rooms, different lighting and here is what happened with the Grapefruit Grove foil...


different, eh? That foil is awesome. You only need to purchase $50 worth of product to get it free!

If you have any questions, give me a shout out. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

Partial Product List:

11 comments:

  1. That foil is pretty cool but tricky to photograph! I'm glad you took a few shots....it looks different in every one! Great mix of stamps too! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love that you used the new foil, too. I absolutely LOVE foil and use them all the time but photographing it is always a challenge. Thank you so much for playing in our sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you will join us again soon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Debbie, and a happy new year to you too.

      Delete
  3. That foil is really pretty! I was on the fence about getting it so I was happy to see it in use. Fun Thank You card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Thank You Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina. You won't be sorry if you get the foil.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful effects with the foil and your iPhone, Karen! It really makes for a gorgeous rainbow :-) Thanks for playing along this week at Stamp Ink Paper Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny. I love it when I can play at SIP!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely card - I'm with you and wish the scalloped punches were still around especially as I'm missing a few - I haven't used the foil yet but it looks so nice here and I love that embossing folder - thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona, thank you for stopping by on behalf of HSS. I enjoy playing there and I thank you for your leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card! I love how you used the foil and glitter paper to give your card sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...