Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Stampin' Up! November 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternative

I must be upfront with you...the only things from the kit that I used for my alternative were the stamps! I was inspired by Tami White and here's what I came up with ...

I had a little fun playing with this one. My card base is Old Olive. I had a piece of DSP laying on my desk that was left over from a card I made for tomorrow (be sure to come back for Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop!). I had previously borrowed my friend's Cable Knit Dynamic TIEF last year to make a mat, which I never used. I used the largest square die from the Layering Squares Framelits to make the "V neck".

I had a scrap of Whisper White that had that doo-dad stamped on it so I used it for my sentiment panel. I stamped the greeting in Real Red using one of the stamps from said Paper Pumpkin. I rounded off the top corners with the Detailed Trio Punch. The pine boughs are cut from the Pretty Pines Thinlits.

On the inside, I decided to try using the negative space from cutting out the boughs as a stencil. Not sure if I like it or not but it is what it is! I sponged the paper with Old Olive so it would not look so stark. The sentiment is, again, from the November 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit and is stamped in Real Red.


Because anything I found on my desk went into making this card, I decided to enter it in the Tuesday Throwdown #420 Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...