Friday, December 21, 2018

Stampin' Up! Healing Hugs

Today is another sad day for me. My son's feline daughter, Tini (short for Martini), is in the veterinary hospital. She has been diagnosed with dehydration, thyroid problem and diabetes. This was her first visit in 9 years as she is strictly an indoor cat and had been very healthy but under much stress through Perry's illness. It was so hard to leave her there but we are hoping she will be able to come home over the weekend. The vet said she will be on thyroid medicine and insulin for the rest of her life. She only weighed 7.5 pounds today.

I need Healing Hugs today so that is why I chose the stamp set. This is another card for a person who sent a Mass card for Perry. I am grateful to all the people who sent sympathy cards. The number we received was very overwhelming and I just want to thank any of my readers/followers for your cards, thoughts and prayers. Grief is a very strange bedfellow. I am learning so much through it.

So, the roses are from that set. I stamped one in Calypso Coral and one in Grapefruit Grove, touched with my Calypso Coral Stampin' Write Marker. I fussy cut them and adhered them with dimensionals.

The leaves are stamped in Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz and using stamps from Rooted in Nature. I cut them out with the Nature's Roots Framelits Dies.

The sentiments are from the Kindness & Compassion stamp set and stamped in Grapefruit Grove. 

The Grapefruit Grove Organdy ribbon is part of a free combo pack for Sale-A-Bration (spend $50 get a free item) beginning January 3 thru March 31, 2019. The other colors are Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue, Lemon Lime Twist and Highland Heather. (5 yards each). The Gingham DSP comes in the same colors and will be available in the Occasions Catalog, available January 3 for customers.

I used three Grapefruit Grove Faceted Dots to break up the white space.

Once again, my iPhone camera does not show the true colors but I am not a camera person so it will have to do!




Thank you for stopping by and I want to thank Chris Smith for the inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Your Calypso Coral rose turned out perfectly! Pretty layout too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I just loved the Calypso Coral one...not so much the other but it is what it is! Wish there were a die cut for the rose.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...