Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Stampin' Up! Painted Harvest for the Inkin' Krew Blog Hop

    Welcome to another monthly Inkin’ Krew blog hop! Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring  Stampin’ Up! products.  This month Amy has asked us to make projects with a “Giving Thanks” theme and I’m using the Painted Harvest stamp set.  I hope you have time to hop to the other projects. It's easy to do if you have never done it before. Once you finish reading about my card, there is a list of other team members with instructions on what to do.

    I was inspired by Inspired By! and I'm also playing at the Flower Challenge #25 - Add Sparkle for their 2nd anniversary.





    Without further ado...



    My card base is Basic Black. I made a mat of silver foil and embossed it with the Woodland TIEF. I adhered that to the card base with liquid glue. 

    My flower is from the Painted Harvest stamp set. I stamped it in Gray Granite and Mango Melody. I cut it out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits. Because it's stitched, I'm entering my card at Try Stampin' on Tuesday

    Before I adhered it to the silver embossed mat, I punched 3 leaves in Silver Glimmer paper using my leaf punch. I put dimensionals on the back of the flower circle and adhered the leaves to it, then stuck it on the mat.

    The sentiment from Painted Harvest is stamped in Gray Granite on a scrap of Whisper White. I punched it out with the Everyday Label punch. I added 3 Basic Rhinestone Jewels and adhered the label to the mat with more dimensionals. It was difficult to capture a good picture of this because the foil reflected my camera so I did the best I could.

    For the inside, I glued a silver foil mat to the card base.

    Then I stamped the sentiment in Gray Granite on a mat of Whisper White. The leaf is stamped second generation. I punched the corners with the Detailed Trio punch and adhered it with Tear and Tape, glue dots and liquid glue. I wanted to be sure it didn't raise up!

    While I'm at it, since this is a card about giving thanks, why not enter it at Shopping Our Stash #375!


    Now that you have seen my card, I hope you will take a few minutes to hop through all of the other shared projects. It's not too long of a hop this month! You can click any name listed below, or you can use the previous button to go to Julie Johnston or the next button to Karen Ksenzakovic. We have some new hoppers this month so it's very exciting for our team.



    Julie Johnston
    Karen Finkle - you are here!
    Karen Ksenzakovic
    Jaimie Babarczy
    Linda Richenberg
    Connie Troyer
    Shirley Gentry
    Mary Deatherage
    Sue Prather
    Aurora Lopez
    Amy Koenders

    Product List:


    Big Shot
    [143263]
    $110.00
    Glue Dots
    [103683]
    $5.25

    30 comments:

    1. So pretty Karen! Love the foil embossed background. Beautiful fall card! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh, so wonderful! Love that Woodland TIEF on the foil.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow, this is so pretty! Love the neutrals....so perfect for the IB challenge! And Painted Harvest is one of my favorite sets!

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is gorgeous Karen. I never would have thought to use the Gray for the flower, but it's perfect. Love those embossed trees with it. The inside is just as pretty.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Karen. I used it because I was thinking about entering a particular challenge and then forgot...lol.

        Delete
    5. Love it, Karen - the embossed silver is the perfect touch for your pretty Painted Harvest flower!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow, that’s a sparkler! Definitely an unforgettable card with the beautiful detail. Beautiful job!

      ReplyDelete
    7. VERY pretty, Karen - you've really added those silver touches beautifully, and I love the color combo on the flower! Those stitched shapes are my go-to framelits, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for your comment on behalf of TSOT, Heather.

        Delete
    8. Love your Woodlands embossing on the silver. I will have to give that a try. It goes with your flower perfectly. You took the easy way and cut it out with a circle die, not like Aurora who fussy cut it. Your way is easier.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Lovely card, Karen! The silver against the black is beautiful!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Fabulous card, Karen! Your use of silver is just perfect. Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much for leaving a comment, Melanie.

        Delete
    11. Great card and I love the background, so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    12. What an eye-catching card, Karen! I would never have thought to use the woodland embossing folder like this!!! Your flora circle seems to meld to the card perfectly with the stitching around its edges. Thank you for joining us for our October technique challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you, Donna, for your very pleasing comment!

        Delete
    13. Beautiful card! Love those sparkly leaves! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Gorgeous!! Love the colours!!
      Thanks for "giving thanks" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!!

      ReplyDelete

    Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

    Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...