Saturday, September 8, 2018

Stampin'' Up! Wishing You Well and Still Night

Good evening peeps! I got a late start making a card today but just had the need to post.

For those of you who are following our health issues, Perry's cancer is no longer stable and they have taken him off the chemo he has been on for 5 years. They are going to try another form by pill in hopes they can get it stable again. I am forcing myself to make a card a day.

Here is what I tried today. I followed (sort of) a video by Karin's Papercraft on You Tube. I had to make a few adjustments but I think it came out okay. The sentiment is from Still Night, stamped in Gorgeous Grape. The bouquet is from Wishing You Well, stamped in Granny Apple Green. I had stamped that portion yesterday as a test of how my stamps were lined up on the Stamparatus. I think it passed muster. The DSP is from Tropical Escape and the card base is Granny Apple Green.




I think I might look for straw flowers to put inside the  square tube. It could also hold a pen and pencil. I may add some ribbon or bling to the front of the square tube.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. THis is so pretty! I love these colors together! Praying for Perry and you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful Karen. It certainly passes MY muster! Love your combined sets and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. I know you like Granny Apple Green better than the detestable LLT, which I still love :-)

      Delete
  3. That is so pretty Karen! Your stamping is perfect and I love the colors that you used. So sorry to hear that the cancer is no longer stable, hopefully the new treatment will get things back on track. Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. I appreciate the thoughts.

      Delete
  4. Lovely Card! It has to be hard for you but the resolve to keep going is a good one. One card a day. One day at a time. Baby steps. Praying for the both of you.Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, you & Perry are in my thoughts & prayers. My husband also has cancer & they are running out of options but we are trying to stay positive & hope research comes up with more & better treatments. There is always hope! Sending hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Patti. I'm sorry about your hubby too. Right now we are appealing Medicare's decision not to pay.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...