Sunday, September 9, 2018

Stampin' Up! Sitting Pretty

The inspiration for my card today came from my friend, Amy Koenders. She created a beautiful card for this challenge...
#GDP154 so I thought I'd try my hand at it too.




The color of my choice was White...and that is one of the most debated things in physics and the art world.  "Ask a scientist and you'll get a reply based on physics: 'Black is not a color, white is a color.' "Ask an artist or a child with crayons and you'll get another: 'Black is a color, white is not a color.' (Maybe!)". So for me, it is a color! Just see for yourself...

I colored my Whisper White card base with Crumb Cake using the Marbled background stamp. I took a white doily, sponged it with Mint Macaron, cut it in pieces and glued it to my card base with liquid glue. I then cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss Nature's Twine, adhered it with glue dots, made a bow and adhered that with another glue dot.

I used one of the sentiments from Sitting Pretty stamped in Blackberry Bliss. The Whisper White mat is is sponged with Blackberry Bliss and adhered to a mat of Crumb Cake. That is adhered to the card base with mini dimensionals.

The Adirondack chair is from a die company other than Stampin' Up! but I threw away the packaging so I have no idea but I'm sure if you "Google" it, you'll find it OR even better yet, click on this link and you can have a Stampin' Up! one! This die set and the matching stamp set are just wonderful. I should use it more often! I had my other chair prior to SU coming out with theirs and it just seemed to fit better on my card.

I left the inside blank because I will be writing my own message. I may add some doo dads in the corners to give it a little more pizzazz. I sponged the edges in Mint Macaron but the photo doesn't really show it.

Thank you for stopping by and if you don't have a demonstrator, I'd love to help you shop!


Partial Product List:

10 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love the sentiment and your clean design is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the chair sitting and waiting for someone to come set a spell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that sentiment...so sweet with the Adriondak chair! thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Karen! I love that you paired the sentiment with that Adirondack chair and the marbled background is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I like the movement to that pattern and your lounge chair with that sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...