Sunday, August 5, 2018

Stampin' Up! Lots of Happy Tropical Chic Alternative

I brought some Tropical Chic DSP with me so I kind of designed this like the card I made yesterday.



I wrapped the ribbon around a piece of Tropical Chic and adhered it to one of my Basic Black card bases. The Crumb Cake square was cut from a piece of cardstock from the kit and I adhered it with dimensionals. The gold banner is a punch out from the kit. I colored the flowers with the included watercolor pencils and used my Blender Pen to smooth it out. When I get home, I will heat emboss a sentiment at the bottom. In the meantime, I think I shall enter it at Dragonfly Journeys #124 Flower Power and at As You See It #181 Obsession! My obsession lately has been to cut, chop and use up my DSP!

Today we are on our way to Keeseville, NY for a week. We will stay with my former upline, as I think I mentioned in a previous post. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back again. 

14 comments:

  1. Good on you for taking on a DSP binge! I'm terrible at buying pretty paper then not wanting to cut it - and then feeling guilt at not using it. So I think I need to take on your obsession for a while! Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I always love to see you leave a comment. Kylie B. got me started with her #loveitchopit.

      Delete
  2. Hope that you're enjoying your time away! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly are. However, I am getting tired of making a card out of a box. I want my craft room!

      Delete
  3. What a great obsession for a papercrafter, Karen! I love the tropical look of your card, and the pop of gold foil really enhances that look! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the black with the green and pink accents!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, we do tend to hoard our DSP, don't we?! And yet there's always more pretty stuff coming all the time! I love your floral very nicely done! Thanks for sharing this with us at AYSI! And hope you're having a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, LeAnne. Yes, we are having a wonderful time so far.

      Delete
  6. Hi Karen! Very pretty card and I do love that tropical paper. Thanks so much for joining my Flower Power Blog Challenge and Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...