Friday, August 24, 2018

Stampin' Up! Lots of Happy and Timeless Tidings Kits Combo #5

Okay, so the title of my post makes it look like I've combined the kits five times; however, I haven't really kept track. I just liked the sound of Combo #5 because it sounded like one of my favorite dance songs...Mambo #5! Mambo is quite a challenge for me and so was Jingle Belles - Shape Up for the Holidays. If it were strictly a body shaping up, I would be in serious trouble as I just added the "Lose It" app to my iPhone and I already know the Bear Claw I had this morning for breakfast was over 500 calories! But I digress...here's my card that is not square nor rectangular for the aforementioned challenge...
I used a card base from the Lots of Happy kit, the trees from the Timeless Tidings kit, the Timeless Tidings stamp set for the sentiment and enamel snowflakes from the Santa's Workshop package. I elevated the trees with dimensionals that are part of the Lots of Happy kit.

We are staying at an Inn that is 4 minutes from our daughter. We have a fridge, microwave, large open area but only one desk. I had to create my card, while standing, using a very small portion of the desk. That in itself was a challenge!

Back to the "Lose It" app...here are photos from the delish Chicken Piccatta dinner that Jacob and his father (sous chef) prepared for us last night. We had such a wonderful time and I'm delighted I didn't know about the Lose It app last night. I'm sure the calorie count for the day was in the 3,000 range!! It was all worth it.


Mr. Perry waiting to judge the meal!
Chef Jacob and Sous Chef Gene
Our sweet daughter looking up the wine on Vivino
My delicious plate...I cleaned it totally!


Jacob's opinion of the joint cooking effort!
Gene and Kerri enjoying everything!!
I can't take a selfie, but my daughter can!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and letting me share our wonderful evening with you. Tonight is hibachi and, hopefully, less calories. See you tomorrow.



8 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - worth every calorie! And I love your card, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you're enjoying your visit! The food looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that beautiful grove of pine trees ... so glad you *shaped-up* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhhh that hexie shape is SO COOL! why do i never make hexagonal cards? (well i will NOW, lol!) what a beautiful addition to the "shape up" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    (ps: that looked like a TOTALLY yummy dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Lauren, for leaving a comment. I wouldn't have thought of hexagonal if it hadn't been for the kit.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...