Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Stampin' Up! Stitched All Around and The Wilderness Awaits

I had my eye on The Wilderness Awaits stamp set a few years ago when Tami White did a video using the dog back in 2016. I have since sold the The Wilderness Awaits stamp set. I had stamped the image and die cut him using the Lots of Labels Framelits but never made the card. Those dies are sold too. I admit I am having seller's remorse!



and Fab Friday for the sketch


I was able to create my card.  I also realized it fits the challenge at Sunny Day Crafting. They always do an animal challenge. Inkspirational - #165 Birthday Challenge also has a theme for which it fits.

Without further ado, here is my creation of man's (and woman's) best friend...not necessarily this breed though!


My card base is Crumb Cake cardstock. I hadn't colored the dog so today I used my Light and Dark Crumb Cake Blends to do that. I used the Light and Dark Old Olive Blends to color the grass. I had a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock in my desk drawer so I mounted him on that with a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon. I adhered that to a mat of Wood Textures DSP. Using my new Stitched All Around Clear Mount Stamp Set, I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

For the inside, I had run off a sentiment on my computer and cut it out with the Deco Labels Framelits awhile ago and I thought it was fitting for the front of the card. Fortunately, I haven't sold this die set so I was able to cut out a mat for that sentiment. The color is Chocolate Chip, which is retired.


Little by little, I am cleaning out stuff I had stashed away. I'm incorporating it with new items. As a hobby demonstrator right now that's easy for me to do but my goal is to start growing a business. 

There is a really great promotion for people who join in July. You can read about it in my post here. This particular fantastic offer ends July 31. If you have questions about becoming a demonstrator, even if only for a hobby, just email me. You would also have the support of two highly respected, talented team leaders.

Once we return from our summer trip, I will be creating a "For Sale" page on my blog. It will be painful, but I HAVE to do it!! I'm full to overflowing!!

Thanks for stopping by and please come back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.

12 comments:

  1. Neat card! Love the woodgrain panel on the background, perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card, Karen - perfect for a guy's birthday. And the inside sentiment is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, to combine that wonderful image of the dog with the woodgrain background, Karen. The Wilderness Awaits stamp set is one which I have kept and love. It's too difficult to find great masculine images. Love the way you've coloured your dog and added the burlap. Great card! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heidi, for your great comment.

      Delete
  4. So cute - this was such a great set - I loved that dog, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on behalf of FF, Heather.

      Delete
  5. What a great masculine card! I like your hound feature and the added wood panels and burlap ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...