Saturday, July 21, 2018

Stampin' Up! Petal Palette and Petal Promenade

Last night we made dinner for friends who were celebrating their 33rd wedding anniversary. They actually wanted to spend it with us rather than going out to eat. What a compliment! Their only request was that we make chicken marsala. We started out with prosciutto wrapped around mozzarella for an appetizer. With the marsala served on angel hair pasta, we also served grilled asparagus. Dessert was a tiramisu cake. We should have been playing Billy Joel's Scenes from an Italian Restaurant! Can you believe I didn't take pictures? I'm slipping, I guess. BUT I did take a picture of the card I made for them.



My card base is Fresh Fig. I cut a strip of Petal Promenade DSP and edged both sides with a strip of Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Speciality paper.

I took a stamp from Petal Palette and stamped part of the sentiment in Versamark Ink, sprinkled it with Gold Emboss powder and hit it with my heat tool.

For the inside, I had a piece of scrap Whisper White that I had cut a scalloped oval out for another card so I used it for my mat. I sponged it with Fresh Fig. Because it wasn't quite evenly cut, I edged it with strips of the Petal Promenade DSP. Oh, and the sentiment was part of the same stamp on the front and I did it the same way as the front. The little doo-dads in the corners are from the Eastern Beauty set and stamped in Fresh Fig.

The "Happy Anniversary" is from Beautiful Bouquet. I have gotten so much use out of that set.

Remember, if you are going to heat emboss on a card, use the Embossing Buddy to make sure you don't get stray powder stuck to the card. If you do, you can scrape or pick it off with a craft knife.

Thanks to Paper Playful, I found another new challenge site...DLART - Thankful Thursday #232 Anniversary Challenge

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow, I hope.

Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

8 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card, I am sure your friends loved it. Your embossing looks fabulous and I love the sweet flowers on the inside to match the front. I am your newest follower I hope you will follow me to.
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July 2018 Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diana. Thanks for following me and I am now following you!

      Delete
  2. WOWZA, I am not sure which is more delicious, your menu (you had me at tiramisu) or this gorgeous card! I can't figure out why I haven't seen more of this beautiful paper being used!! It's stunning! I am glad you had a good time with your friends, too! It's got me thinking about tiramisu--which I usually save ONLY for my birthday, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we lived closer, I'd make you a cake! It was delish!! Thanks for your wonderful comment.

      Delete
  3. I love this Karen! Such a pretty design, great way to use that paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. Almost time to buy another package...lol.

      Delete
  4. When can I come visit? Love the sound of your menu, and I am sure you gave your friends an anniversary to remember. The card is lovely. Your friends are very fortunate to have your for a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...