Friday, July 20, 2018

Stampin' Up! Beautiful Promenade

Good Friday morning peeps! The weekend is upon us and for those who work, enjoy your days off. For those who are retired and there is no weekend per se, I hope you are enjoying retirement days. For my demonstrator friends who are on their way to Alaska, bon voyage!

For the team at The Flower Challenge
 
thank you for the monochromatic challenge.  I enjoyed creating my card for your challenge. 

So, no matter what category you are in, I hope you all enjoy my card! Measurements and products used are at the end of my post.



My card base is Basic Gray. I stamped the flower from Beautiful Promenade twice, full strength on two corners.


The mats are Smoky Slate. The two DSP pieces are from the retired Timeless Elegance but you can use any DSP you have. 


My sentiment, from Bright Wishes, is stamped in Basic Gray on Very Vanilla cardstock. The little "doo dads" on the corners are stamped in Basic Gray and that stamp is from Eastern Beauty. 


I added retired Black Rhinestones to cover up an ink smudge...I hate true confessions sometimes! A friend has my ink eraser so a girl has to do what a girl has to do!! Now I have remembered she is in Canada for a few months so I will have to order another one because I'm sure this wasn't my last smudge!



I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the inside. I chose gray because the recipient is going through a not-so-colorful time and it fit the sentiment. I'd like to make the inside colorful somehow. Any suggestions from my readers would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.


Thanks for stopping by. C ya!

Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Cardstock Mats: 1 1/2" x 3 3/4" (3)
DSP Mats: 1 3/8" x 3 5/8" (2)
Very Vanilla Piece: 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"

Products Used:

Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper
Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper
[138444]
$11.00

6 comments:

  1. Grey and white is one of my favourite colour combos, so this totally caught my eye!! Love the floral image for the background stamping and this is a great design to use patterned paper. Its such a stylish card, I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appropriate colors and sentiment. Like your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. I love the monochromatic look - very effective. The DSP works so well that I am really sorry it is retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I wish they'd give the DSP two years and then retire it.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...