Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Stampin' Up! Painted Glass

Good Tuesday morning, peeps. I'm getting my money's worth out of this stamp set. I just love the Gothic look of the sentiments. This particular one can be used for just about anything!


I wanted to use my Basic Jewel Pearls to cover the holes where my White Baker's Twine runs through, but that would have knocked me out of the running in the Cards in Envy Feeling Blue and Distressed Challenge. One of their rules is no lumpy or bumpy cards. Another rule is it must be flat enough to mail in an envelope.

Tuesday Morning Sketches #458 was my inspiration for the design.


So, let me tell you about my card. The technique is the "Stampin' Mist Ghosting Technique", created by Patsy Waggoner. I believe she is the originator anyway!

My card base is the new Balmy Blue from Stampin' Up! The inks are both Distressed Oxides from Ranger...Broken China and Faded Jeans. I used a sponge to sponge each color onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Then I sprayed the butterfly stamp from the Painted Glass set with Stampin' Mist. I did this step 5 times for each "ghostly" image. You could probably do this with White Craft Ink but that's messy and using the mist cleans your stamp instead of getting it yucky!

I stamped the sentiment in Faded Jeans on a scrap of Whisper White and die cut it with the Stitched Shape Framelits. From a scrap of Night of Navy, I die cut the scalloped mat using the Layering Ovals Framelits. I adhered the scalloped mat to the center of the art panel. Then I punched holes at each end of the sentiment, ran a piece of White Baker's Twine behind it, adhered it to the scalloped mat, continued to wrap the twine around the Night of Navy mat and tied a bow. I then adhered that to my card base.

This was a quick and easy card and a fun technique.

Thanks for stopping by. See ya real soon!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Painted Glass
Card stock & Papers     Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Whisper White
 Ink Ranger Distressed Oxides
Accessories White Thick Baker's Twine
Tools     1/8" Circle Punch, Layering Ovals Framelits, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Big Shot, Adhesive, Sponges

12 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love the soft background and colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your sponged background and the ghosted butterflies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the ghosting technique but I want to look it up. Love the background and how it came out. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting on behalf of CIE. I appreciate your leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I love the BG you created!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Debbie.

      Delete
  5. Oooh this is so pretty. Love those butterflies. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blues and added butterflies!!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so glad you shared the technique you used on your fab card. I'm going to give that a whack! Thanks for playing along with us at CIE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Toni. I'd love to see what you make using that technique. Thanks for leaving a comment on behalf of CIE.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...