Monday, June 11, 2018

Stampin' Up! Flourishing Phrases

I decided to try a new technique for my card today. It was new for me but probably not for most of you..."emboss resist". I had watched a You Tube tutorial by Gina K and her daughter, Rina. They did three different styles and techniques so it was a great video. Gina and Rina Stamp TV.



My card base is Powder Pink with a mat of Whisper White. 

Here's how I did the art panel:

1. Pick three Stampin' Spots that you own or create your own using this product.

2. Stamp with the three spots directly on a piece of Whisper White card stock until you get the desired look that you want. I used Powder Pink, Rich Razzleberry and Mint Macaron.

3. Pick a stamp that would make a good background. I chose the flower cluster from Flourishing Phrases. Ink up the stamp with Versa Mark ink after you have wiped the card stock with an Embossing Buddy.

4.  Sprinkle with Clear Emboss Powder and heat set.

5.  Sponge the panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

6.  Wipe the black off the entire panel with a paper towel. 

Et voila...a shiny multicolored background. My iPhone does not show that but I hope you get the picture and I hope you'll try the technique if you haven't done so already.

I stamped my sentiment in Rich Razzleberry, punched it with the Pretty Label punch and sponged it with Mint Macaron. I adhered it to the card front with Dimensionals. I think the black background makes the sentiment the focal point, don't you?

There are three challenges I am entering today:


Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for Amy's Inkin' Krew blog hop tomorrow!

Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Whisper White Mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
Whisper White Art Panel: 3 3/4" x 5"

Product List:

Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining us at IAAS with your beautiful card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, Hazel.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the colors that you used under the black ink! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...