Thursday, April 12, 2018

Stampin' Up! Butterflies for Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Welcome to another Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. I hope you will enjoy hopping with us today.

So, if you are familiar with the hop, you know that each Thursday some of Amy's team get together to create beautiful cards or projects for you to ooh and aah over (hopefully!). We are either given a sketch or color challenge and this week just happens to be...No automatic alt text available.

I have chosen to use die cuts today from the Flourish Thinlits, Butterfly Thinlits, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and Layering Circles Framelits. I love my Big Shot!

Measurements and products used are listed after the hop participants.

I embossed the front of my Calypso Coral card base with the Fluttering TIEF. I adhered a strip of DSP from Delightful Daisy. I die cut the leaves with the die from Flourish using Copper Foil. I die cut the smaller butterfly from the Butterfly Thinlits set using both Copper Foil and Vellum. I adhered the art pieces to the card with Tombow glue. 

I used two dies from the Layering Circles Framelits to cut out the sentiment and mat for it. The "thanks" is from the "Waterfront" stamp set. It is stamped in Versmark Ink on a scrap of Whisper White then heat embossed with Copper Emboss powder. I was going to put the sentiment off to the left side of the card, but I figured it wouldn't be true to the sketch. So, I did the next best thing and offset the sentiment on its mat and centered that on the butterfly! Do you like?


Now for the inside...


I adhered a mat of the same DSP to the card base, cut a piece of Whisper White and sponged it with Calypso Coral ink. I will be writing a note inside so there is no sentiment. The bee is a die cut from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. It looks gold in the photo but it is Copper Foil.

Now on to the hop...click on the "Next" button to visit Julie's blog (she loves butterflies!). 


Just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:

Karen Finkle -  You are here!

Measurements:

Calypso Coral Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Delightful Daisy Strip: 5 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Scraps of Copper Foil, Vellum Cardstock and Whisper White Cardstock
Delightful Daisy Mat : 5 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White Mat: 3" x 3 3/4"

Products Used:

Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

10 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, Karen! Love the gold bee on the inside - it's a fun touch on a lovely card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! The gold touches are perfect and I love your butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely! And, yes, I do love butterflies. When I first saw the strip on the front I thought it was stamped Vellum, then realized it was one of the faded portions of the Daisy DSP. Great job! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. It's the first time I've like that faded DSP.

      Delete
  4. Really pretty, Karen. I like the sentiment offset on the scallop and centered on the butterfly. Nice combination of all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a soft, beautiful card Karen. Love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kristi. I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...