Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Stampin' Up! Petal Palette and Petal Passion

Yesterday I made this card for our Thursday Inkin' Blog Hop tomorrow...BUT it was a past sketch in which I was not a participant yet. After my triple time stamped card the other day, I am really wondering if I know what time it is or what the date is! Lots goin' on folks!! In any event, I hope you'll return tomorrow for the correct TIBH! It will be worth your while to hop along.

So, with all that said, here's the card I made in error...


Isn't that just the cutest little bird? It was a colorless kind of day for me yesterday as you can see. But it was cheered up by the challenge at Die Cutting Divas - Ch #358 ~ Tic-Tac-Toe Grid. I chose to go down the left side.
Tuesday Throwdown #381 Black and White is also one of my entries.

My card base is Basic Black. The Whisper White panel is embossed with the Petal Burst TIEF. I cut two banners from the Petal Passion DSP using the Banner Triple Punch. My bird is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut out with the matching die set. You can view that Bundle here. I mounted the bird onto a circle from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies using Dimensionals. The sentiment and die cuts are from that same Bundle. I added black rhinestone jewels, which are retired.

For the inside, I kept it very simple...

The sentiment and dots are from the same stamp set. I didn't center my sentiment because I intend to write a thank you to the pastors, deacons and elders from our church who continually support my husband and me through our journey with cancer.

Thanks for stopping by and I really do hope you'll visit tomorrow.



5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Karen! I love the banners and the black and white color scheme. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love the image and pretty textured background. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...