Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Stampin' Up! Bird Banter Birthday

Welcome back...it's that time of the month again! Amy has another blog hop theme for us..."birthday". Without further ado, here's my card.


My card is a "double Z fold" and you'll see what that means in a minute, if you aren't familiar with it. In an effort to not confuse anyone, including me, I will put the measurements and products used at the end of my post. 

I will tell you that my card base is Berry Burst, the mats are from the Fresh Floral DSP and my fave Lemon Lime Twist, topped with the the art pieces in Whisper White. 

The stamp set I used is Bird Banter. This is a fantastic set if you enjoy birds of any kind...especially parakeets (budgies), cockatoos and toucans. I stamped everything using Memento Tuxedo Black ink for ease in coloring. I colored my birds with watercolor pencils, ink pads and a Blender Pen. The branch is done in Crumb Cake.

Okay, so the moment you've been waiting for...ta da...



the "Double Z Fold". You see it, right? It folds up nicely into an A2 envelope. You can find tutorials galore on You Tube for this type of fold. Want to see it stretched out? Okay, here you go...



The portion that reads, "Obviously it wasn't an early bird" has a piece of Basic 2 washi tape on it and hearts from the Owl Builder Punch, which is retired. There are plenty of current hearts dies or enamel shapes you could use but I just wanted the shape of those particular hearts. 

The last portion has punched balloons and, unfortunately, that punch is retired. Can you see why it's so difficult for me to clean out my retired products? I know I should, but I just can't...won't...it's close to I "need" new or "want" new! If you are a stamper, you understand...don't pretend you don't...lol.

Now, if you're familiar with blog hops, you know there's more in store for you...hope you can take time to visit the remaining blog hop participants. For your ease in hopping along, there is a button to see the next in line or the previous stamper. If you prefer, you can click on the listed name and you'll achieve the same results. 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to visit. Hope you'll return daily and not just wait a month...I would miss you!


  1. Linda Richenberg
  2. Karen Finkle - you are here!
  3. Mary Deatherage
  4. Sue Prather
  5. Julie Johnston
  6. Amy Koenders
Measurements:

Berry Burst Card base: 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2" on the 11" side
Fresh Floral DSP Mats: 2 1/2" x 4" (2) and 4" x 5 1/4"
Lemon Lime Twist piece: 3 1/4" x 10" scored at 2 3/4" and 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 2 1/2" x 3" (2) and 3" x 4 1/4"

Partial List of Products Used:

Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

10 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great fun fold, sweet little birds too! That sentiment is the story of my life when it comes to sending birthday cards. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. I've been doing great at not being belated until last December and this January. I've gotten myself back on track again so this will have to stay in my stash for awhile.

      Delete
  2. Always a need for a belated birthday card! And this one - especially with the fun fold! - is simply perfect! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is simply adorable! Love the colors you used and that it is a fun-fold card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Happy to see you stopped by and took the time to leave a comment. I appreciate them so much.

      Delete
  4. Such a fun card, especially as a belated birthday! It seems I will have a few of them to send out if I don't get busy!! LOVE the fold, as I am sure you can tell! Such fun colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. I know you love fun folds and I know you've been busy! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  5. I love fun folds and this stamp set fit on there perfectly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment, Susan.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...